PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland on spring break?

s_gosney
02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
So, I'm assuming it would be a really dumb idea to go to DL on spring break?

Just wondering. TIA!

Sherri
dd 10/03
ds edd 5/08

luvmypeanut
02-05-2008, 06:15 PM
We usually go during this time because dd attends a Catholic school so her spring break tends to be later than other schools and colleges. But this year, because Easter is so early the park will be really crowded for the month of March. We decided to go the first week of May instead.

spanannie
02-05-2008, 06:25 PM
We went last year on Spring Break and it was fine. . . however we followed Tour Guide Mike's advice, which is probably what made it so pleasant. I don't think we waited in a line ever.

We're going back for Spring Break this year. My kids are only in Preschool, but I don't like the idea of taking them out to take a vacation, so we go on Spring Break.

You can sign up for Tour Guide Mike's touring plan at tourguidemike.com

HTH!

s_gosney
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Oh wow, that's a much more positive response than I expected! I'm glad to hear it's not too bad to go then and thanks so much for the info on tour guide mike.
Now to investigate whether we can afford it or not...:)

Thanks!

Sherri

spanannie
02-07-2008, 12:18 AM
Oh, Sherri, I feel like such a moron! We went to WDW last year, not DL. I will blame it on the pregnancy brain!

Still I would think that if I could have a good experience at WDW on Spring Break, the same would be true for DL. It just requires excellent planning, getting to the park early, and not staying too late!

Oh wow, that's a much more positive response than I expected! I'm glad to hear it's not too bad to go then and thanks so much for the info on tour guide mike.
Now to investigate whether we can afford it or not...:)

Thanks!

Sherri

codex57
02-27-2008, 02:45 AM
I used to work at Disneyland. It's always crowded. Spring Break didn't seem worse than any other time, particularly since not all schools have spring break at the same time.

Tondi G
02-27-2008, 02:46 PM
I will probably be busy but now a days it is often busy on daysy ou would never expect it to be! It's a gamble! If you can handle crowds and longer lines then just go and have fun. You might be plesantly surprised! We have Southern california annual passes and we are blocked out for the wekk before and the week after Easter... typical spring break time here in so cal!

~Tondi