PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me be reasonable...

chiqanita
02-05-2008, 07:21 PM
I have several items I am ready to let go of...sell but have no idea how to price. I tend to price high and cannot get rid of these things.

Please tell me how much you would ask for the following:

(BTW, I am not trying to sell to anyone ...just need advice)

1. BOB Duallie Jogging Stroller '06 - in excellent condition Orig Price ~$550
2. Combi Double stroller '05 - in good condition, have to replace the cross bar
3. 2 GoGo Kidz car seat 'dollies' for use in air travel or bus - used once - Orig Price $80 each
4. 2 car seat bags with wheels for use in air travel - used once
5. Rainbow Castle Play System '07 - we moved and it is just too wide for our new back yard - in excellent condition. Orig Price - $3500

TIA

gatorruth
02-05-2008, 08:40 PM
why don't you look on ebay to see what other people are asking... or craigslist- you can do a search easily there, too... I don't know enough about these items to be of help beyond that suggestion...

Good luck!

wzly
02-06-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi Ana,
My twins just turned 3, too! I know the feeling of having a lot of stuff to go through...

Do you have a moms of twins/multiples group in your area?

We have one with an e-mail list...It's been a great way for some of us to pass on doubles of things to new twin moms...(Mostly at Craigslist-esque prices...)

Let me know if you're in the New England area...I can e-mail you the contact info...

:) Jen (mom to twins Sarah & Abigail and big sister Emily)

mom2one
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
I think craigslist is the best for selling large items like you have to sell. If they really are new-ish (only used once and look new) try selling slightly above half. That way if a person offers you half the price you paid for it, you know you are getting what you want. You will probably have better luck selling the swing set in the spring when people are thinking of buying those things. Good luck with everything! Susan

kep
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm not sure on asking price, but I would definitely try to sell on Craigslist, especially the larger things. I sold our GoGo Kidz last year, and because of the odd size, the cheapest shipping I could do was around $30-40. It was horrible. I pretty much didn't make anything on it after paying shipping. So try and sell locally. :cheerleader1:

captobey
02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
If you are in the Massachusetts or NH area, please PM me. I would definitely be interested in one or both of the GoGo Kidz seats.

Thanks so much!

chiqanita
02-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi
Sorry, in the south...Texas.
Thanks

chiqanita
02-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi
I did try my twin group but no one interested or offered way below half.
Thanks!

tiapam
02-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I have several items I am ready to let go of...sell but have no idea how to price. I tend to price high and cannot get rid of these things.

Please tell me how much you would ask for the following:

(BTW, I am not trying to sell to anyone ...just need advice)

1. BOB Duallie Jogging Stroller '06 - in excellent condition Orig Price ~$550
2. Combi Double stroller '05 - in good condition, have to replace the cross bar
3. 2 GoGo Kidz car seat 'dollies' for use in air travel or bus - used once - Orig Price $80 each
4. 2 car seat bags with wheels for use in air travel - used once
5. Rainbow Castle Play System '07 - we moved and it is just too wide for our new back yard - in excellent condition. Orig Price - $3500

TIA

I think half price is a fair place to start if the stuff is in pretty good shape. Any higher and you may not get much interest. I would not be interested in paying for a stroller that needed a new part.

Tondi G
02-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Call Rainbow and ask them what they would suggest you offer the playset for. They might even have people who would be interested in a second hand set! What a bummer that it won't fit in your new yard!!! I would think you should be able to get at least half if not more on the rainbow set for sure! List it on craigslist it'll sell..... out here in california I called about a rainbow set someone was selling and he said he had 10 calls that morning and gave his address and said the first person there with cash in hand could have it!

kahplayground
02-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I have a couple of suggestions for Craigslist:

1. List on a Friday afternoon (things tend to move faster on that day for some reason).
2. Make sure that you list if price is firm. I always have bargain hunters contact me for new in box things or like new and offer me less than half of what I am asking for. If you say the price is firm and hold your ground, eventually you will find someone.
3. Be patient. Most things that I have sold have taken a couple tries on Craigslist. If you decide that the item is not moving b/c you overpriced it, you can always knock the price down by $10 to see if anyone becomes interested. Also, you can also offer a deal that if they buy the stroller and a stroller accessory, you will knock some money off of the price.

Also, try the Penny Saver on-line ads. They are free as well. In San Diego, there are two bi-annual baby swaps to unload stuff of your nature. Maybe you can ask around to see if there is something similar in your area. Alot of Twins Clubs also have sales like this 1-2 times per year (at least they did in Northern Virginia).

HTH,

Karin