PDA

View Full Version : decathlon hampton owners...advice pls

denvergal
02-05-2008, 07:47 PM
my sister wants a decathlon with a sueded cover for her baby. i looked online and we were wondering if the HAMPTON cover is like that. she doesn't like the velour like feel of the huntington (seems too hot) nor the plasticy feel of the sahara. can anyone give us insight on this? tia!!!

Joolsplus2
02-06-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm pretty sure they are all either veloury or shiny...Britax is big on velour... (it's not too hot unless you live in Arizona, and even then it's not too hot). I'd reconsider the Decathlon, though...SO many people have found that the harness adjuster is extremely hard to pull that the seat is really unpleasant to use unless you are a bodybuilder and want the extra arm exercise :shrug: The Marathon has a funny tug-release-tug action needed on it's adjuster, but it doesn't require great strength to use.
(just wanted to mention it so no one's disappointed with a nearly $300 seat that's a massive pain to use)

:)

denvergal
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
thank you for that information. may have to talk to my sister and see if she wants to reconsider. thanks again!