PDA

View Full Version : vitamins

denvergal
02-05-2008, 10:30 PM
what kind of vitamins do you all take on a regular basis? i just spoke with a friend and she takes about 5 different kinds a day. the only other time i took vitamins were my prenatals when i was pregnant and bf. talking to my friend i started getting paranoid like i'm depriving myself of something good. i was thinking of starting with just a multi and calcium. do you all take vitamins regularly and what kinds do you take? any recommendations? tia!

cdlamis
02-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I take a multi, calcium, B12, and 1 tsp of fish oil. I used to take a probiotic and should get back to doing that.

s7714
02-06-2008, 01:02 AM
A multi in the morning and calcium in the afternoon. About once or twice a week I'll take a Vit B booster as well for energy.

happy2bamom
02-06-2008, 09:16 AM
I just started taking flaxseed everyday. I'm not sure what the difference is between flaxseed, fish oil and omega 3 but I've been reading that they are good for you.

I NEED to start taking a multivitamin. I mostly feel like I need something b/c my finger nails are so thin and flaky. When I"m on prenatals my nails look fabulous.

LarsMal
02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
I'm not good about taking my multivitamin, but I eat a ton of veggies, so I don't worry about that too much. It's better to get them from real food anyway.

I do take probiotics, though. I should take a calcium supplement, too.

katydid1971
02-06-2008, 05:21 PM
I have a blood disorder so I have vitamins prescribed to my by a doctor. I take calcium with D, multi, fish oil, massive amounts of folic acid, B12 and a baby aspirin daily. It ends up being quite a handful of vitamins and I try and spread them out throughout the day. I use one of those old lady pill sorters and grab a few whenever I eat :)

momtoonegirl
02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Since DH and I are TTC #2, I currently take prenatal vitamins daily. Before that I took a multivitamin. I am trying to eat a more balanced diet to get nutrients from food as well.