PDA

View Full Version : My pick for petite maternity clothing, esp. pants

aedoyle
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
and by "petite," I mean just short, not overall teeny-tiny (I'm about a 16P).

But first, a rant: anyone else notice that even the petite-marked stuff is now, often, incredibly long? I can't tell you how many pairs of Petite pants I've tried on to find four inches of material still dragging the ground of the dressing room floor. I'm 5'3"; I don't think that's freakishly short.

Anyhoo, so far, the best-fitting petite pants I've found so far have been from JC Penney online; especially the Duo brand. It sucks that you can't try them on, but at least you can return for free to any JC Penney store. I wouldn't say they're the most fashion-forward things ever, but for basics like jeans, black slacks and even a few summery options I just ordered, they fit relatively well and do the job.

Just a suggestion for any other vertically challenged (and larger than size 8) mamas-to-be out there!

mom2binsd
02-07-2008, 10:49 PM
A vote for Penney's for when you're not pregnant too- their St. Johns Bay cords and jeans are the only ones that I don't swim in- I'm 4'11'' and they tend to fit higher on the tummy without looking like mommy jeans and go on sale regularly for 14.99, I live in my black, brown and khaki cords all winter and can vouch that the quality is excellent.

cvanbrunt
02-08-2008, 10:53 AM
I had the best luck with Gap maternity jeans. I'm 5'2.5". Old Navy was still long.

August Mom
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
I had the best luck with the Gap short jeans and pants, also. I'm just under 5'6" but can't wear regular length pants normally or when pregnant. I tried the Duo pants and jeans and they didn't work for me.

Laela
02-21-2008, 08:43 AM
I also love Gap jeans. So comfortable and they are having a sale right now in their stores.