PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting DC for Valentine's Day?

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-06-2008, 01:45 PM
As a kids I always got a little present from my parents for Valentine's Day but as we got older it was usually a box of chocolates or something like that. DD is 21 months so though she would probably love a box of chocolate, it's not going to happen. ;) What do you usually get your DC for Valentine's Day? I need some ideas!

babyready
02-06-2008, 02:47 PM
We always give a book. I usually try to make it fit the theme a little. We will also bake a treat together next week to celebrate.

janeybwild
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Honestly, nothing, with no plans to change that :D

s_gosney
02-06-2008, 03:16 PM
At that age, definitely a book. I'm torn about "themed" books though. If you give a Vday book, then it feels like it needs to go away until next year, ya know? You could go with some book about love b/w parents and children or something.
This year though, we're giving dd a letter writing "kit". We've moved away from all our family recently and she also started writing not too long ago, so I have the little mailbox from target's dollar spot, and she'll also get some fun papers, envelopes, and maybe stickers and stamps. I'm a holiday junkie though, and that's definitely more than is "necessary".

We'll probably also make some sort of treat together for that night's dinner.
Have fun!

Sherri
dd 10/03
ds edd 05/08

Wife_and_mommy
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
I never have but this year I found good deals w/ the Target clearance so they're each getting a squooshy soccer ball and a small lion or dinosaur.

We might or might not bake treats next week. The card exchange for all her different friends is doing me in.

ETA: I've found so many deals that I'm looking for occasions to give them, lol.

ellies mom
02-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Starbucks has a pretty colored pencil holder/notepad that I'd like to get for Ellie. There is also a pink "running skirt" at Target that I think she'd like but I might hold off until it is warmer outside.

lizajane
02-06-2008, 04:08 PM
i'm supposed to get DC a gift???

;)

just some v-day treats. nothing fancy.

lizajane
02-06-2008, 04:09 PM
At that age, definitely a book. I'm torn about "themed" books though. If you give a Vday book, then it feels like it needs to go away until next year, ya know?

Sherri
dd 10/03
ds edd 05/08

naah!!! we read christmas books all year!! why not?? ;)

a book i recommend is "my love for you, all year long." SO PRECIOUS!!! and love themed, not v-day themed.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-06-2008, 04:23 PM
i'm supposed to get DC a gift???

;)

just some v-day treats. nothing fancy.

Haha, DH had the same reaction! ;)

scoop22
02-06-2008, 04:27 PM
a book. (to join the crowd) a small box of his favorite candy.

then every year i make a heart shaped cake. this year ds will put on an apron and help me out. I am taking a heart shaped jello dish to the babysitters and calling it good. but i am getting nothing for dh :hysterical:

maestramommy
02-06-2008, 04:49 PM
um, nothing. I think she can wait til she goes to school and learns to send cards to celebrate.

billysmommy
02-06-2008, 08:37 PM
We make a big heart shaped chocolate chip cookie and frost it. Everyone gets their own box of candy hearts by their breakfast plate. And we have pink milk to drink all day :)

tiapam
02-06-2008, 10:47 PM
We make a big heart shaped chocolate chip cookie and frost it. Everyone gets their own box of candy hearts by their breakfast plate. And we have pink milk to drink all day :)

See if we had pink milk one day, we'd never hear the end of it. We would have to have it the next day...

I figure DD will get some treats at preschool. I am working there the day before V day so I think I will bring something fun - cupcakes or a big cookie.

hellokitty
02-07-2008, 01:01 AM
We won't be giving our kids anything. We'll probably do some valentine crafts though... that's about it.

mom2chloe
02-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Oh goodness...perhaps I'm crazy... I grew up getting gifts...I'll never forget the scavenger hunt to get the Garfield holding a heart :)

I'm giving DD5 a stuffed Belle, Beast & Mrs Potts/Chip. Now, that being said... I paid less than $10 for all of them at a going out of business sale at the Disney Store... I know it's not the $$ figure... but it's a love story and I loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove love & giving gifts!!!

KBecks
02-07-2008, 08:16 AM
So far, I haven't given the kids anything and haven't given it any thought. Alek will have a Valentine party at preschool so he'll get things. I like the idea of doing something very small, but not ideas other than a card or special craft that day.

cchavez
02-07-2008, 04:08 PM
They are each getting mini automoblox.