PDA

View Full Version : I have a meeting, DH has a course and DD#1 is puking.

bubbaray
02-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Sigh. This is when its nearly impossible to be a WOHM without family around. Or a nanny. Our daycare is great, but has a super strict sickness policy and, unlike DH, I do NOT lie and take my kid when they've been puking.

My meeting is super-important, for my whole work peergroup (80+ people, coming from remote offices, etc). I don't even want to think about the amount of crapola I'm going to get in for missing it. Did I mention its my first one back after being away for a year of maternity leave?!

On top of it all, I feel sick as does DH. I'm pretty sure he gave us food poisoning from a chicken casserole last night. Which he will probably use to get out of cooking ever again.

This sucks.

KBecks
02-07-2008, 10:54 AM
I feel for you. We just went through puke-fest here starting Tuesday afternoon. I looked up stomach viruses and I understand why daycares have very strict rules -- they are very contagious. Try to keep yourself healthy - John, Alek and I all had it. Alek puked maybe 7 times, 4 times in his bed.

Hang in there!

Clarity
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
In this case, dh would be staying home while I go into the meeting. Then, I'd return home so dh could go to work/class. So sorry. I glanced to see where you lived in case I could help, but I'm nearly positive you don't live anywhere near N.E. Ohio.

bubbaray
02-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Thanks ladies. Normally, DH would stay home, but his training is something he organized and is once every 3 years.... He has to be there. Sigh.

bubbaray
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I glanced to see where you lived in case I could help, but I'm nearly positive you don't live anywhere near N.E. Ohio.

Thanks --nope, not near OH,LOL. Vancouver BC. Thanks anyway!

gatorsmom
02-07-2008, 12:04 PM
ugh, stomach bugs are the worst. PUKING is the worst. Especially when they are still mobile. One summer Gator puked in 5 different spots on the carpet. Play, puke, play puke. And of course he didn't want to stay on the tile in the kitchen. No one wants to play on tile. And unfortunately he LOVED the orange Pedialyte so those 5 different spots on the carpet stained orange. And then, joy of joys, Cha Cha caught the bug 2 days later. of course.

Here's my question- what genius working at the manufacturer thought it would be a good idea to COLOR the Pedialyte? I'd like to make him/her come clean the orange spots out of my carpet. grrr