PDA

View Full Version : Was the movie, The Lake House, based on a book?

gatorsmom
02-07-2008, 12:26 PM
I just saw that movie, The Lake House with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock and loved it. I think i"d really like a book if it was based on one but I don't know which one it was. I did an Amazon search of The Lake House but a book by James Patterson came up and the synopsis isn't remotely similar to the movie storyline.

Does anyone know if the movie was based on a book?

atlbkk03
02-07-2008, 02:22 PM
The Lake House by James Patterson is not the same as the movie. The movie that Bullock was starring in was actually an adaptation from a Korean movie called "Il Mare"

karin4
02-07-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't think it was based on a book; I'm pretty sure it was based on a Korean film, though. No idea whether that is available with subtitles, but it could be interesting to watch the original.

gatorsmom
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
The Lake House by James Patterson is not the same as the movie. The movie that Bullock was starring in was actually an adaptation from a Korean movie called "Il Mare"

That's interesting because "Il Mare" was the name of the restaurant Sandra Bullock chose to meet Keanu in when he didn't show up. kinda cool.

cellenly
02-20-2008, 05:42 PM
I saw both & I liked Il Mare better (btw, to confirm, it's korean). I thought the lake house was a bit more confusing than the korean & i liked the whole melodramtic korean sensability that il mare has. but i'm kinda into sappy korean stuff too so i guess you have to take it w/ a grain of salt. it may be worth a watch just to see the differences.