PDA

View Full Version : What's after Huggies Overnights size 5?

niccig
02-07-2008, 11:57 PM
DS is PT for day and naps, but we still need a diaper at night. We've used Huggies Overnights for ages, but the size 5 are starting to get a bit snug. But it looks like Good Nites will be too big, and will they hold as much as a diaper does. DS is 30lbs. Is there anything in between? I can get a little longer out of the size 5, but it's such a pain to find them - not all grocery stores carry them and they don't always have the size I need.

eliasmom
02-08-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't know what's after Overnites Size 5, but I just wanted to let you know that I buy ours from Amazon. They're even part of the subscribe & save program. I can't find them in any of my local stores!

npace19147
02-08-2008, 01:09 AM
After DD started leaking out of her regular dipes overnight we switched to the Good Nights without any problems - she's probably about 35lbs or so now.

Tondi G
02-08-2008, 01:47 PM
you could try the overnight pull ups but I am not sure they are that much more absorabant than a regular diaper?! I don't understand why they make them up to a size 5 and then think that kids magically start peeing less at night when they need a size 6???

Kindra178
02-08-2008, 01:57 PM
We use diaper doublers - we get them at Babies r U or Toys R Us. Dominicks (Safeway chain) sells them too.

sidmand
02-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm worried about that too! I don't understand why they don't make size 6 either. And aren't most kids PT during the day and not necessarily at night?

DS is about 34 lbs. We tried everything out there and ended up coming back to the overnites. We could go up a size for sure, but even kind of snug, these work better than anything else I've found. (We tried Pullups, Goodnites, other brands of diapers, anything else I could think of...)

We do use a diaper doubler and/or Depends insert, the Huggies Overnite size 5, and then a diaper cover! I also use the subscribe and save program at Amazon to get them. I can usually find them in B&M stores and WalMart usually carries a bigger package, but it's nice to get them delivered to the door monthly!

niccig
02-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll order them online, but of course I only have one left for tonight, so I'll have to drag DS to the store to find a pack for tomorrow night. I can get diaper doublers at a local store too. These are the only diapers we use now that DS is fully PTed for day and naps - which is soooo nice. I don't think he'll be night trained for some time, he pees a lot at night. Hopefully we can use them for a little longer and then maybe good nights. I may also start night training - right before bed and then again before I go to sleep.

jesseandgrace
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
You should try the regular pull-ups, my son needed them for a loooong time at night and was a heavy wetter, and they never leaked. I think the night ones are not really necessary.

Joolsplus2
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Same here, regular pullups lasted us till age 5ish, then we needed the fancy big kid expensive ones till almost 7 (mother of eden overnight undies were so much cheaper...if only i hadn't kept thinking 'this is the last pack of pullups we'll need...' and splurged on them earlier I'd have saved a bundle, lol...but anyway, no, you don't need fancy overnight pullups, just daytime ones are fine/plenty absorbant...use polarfleece pants if you think you need them over the pullups, I think my boy did end up aiming up sometimes and getting wet :p )

tiapam
02-22-2008, 01:23 AM
DD is about 30 lbs. and we use size 7 Pampers Cruisers at night. They're usually pretty soggy in the morning but it does not disturb her sleep.

niccig
02-25-2008, 02:43 AM
THanks. I bought a pack of doublers and I'll use them with size 6 regular dipes. DS has always peed a tonne, so I think he'll need the extra absorbency. I never found the pull-ups to be all that absorbent at nap times, but maybe he was aiming up.

JTsMom
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
We've been using Pull Ups for a while (just as diapers b/c they are easier to get on and off), and they ocassionaly leak. Pointing down does help. I've had no luck with doublers, or w/ the nightime pull-ups. Goodnights are WAY too big still.

I'm pretty much out of ideas at this point. If you find a miracle solution, please let me know!