PDA

View Full Version : 6 days in hotel w/ DD...what to bring?

wendibird22
02-08-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm going to a conference for 6 days and DH and DD are coming along. The city we are in doesn't have too much to offer so they'll be spending a lot of time in the hotel room while I'm working. We are driving so lots of space to pack convenience items. So what would you bring (pnp, highchair/booster, toys, etc) and what would you leave home? DD will be 7mos. Other than nursing breaks, DH is on his own with her from 8am-8pm those days.

deannanb
02-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I would bring her favorite toys - and buy a few new ones too - that way DD has some surprises - a little people set?
if you have a travel booster - I'd bring that -
pnp to sleep -
what else does dd do/play with during the day?
- jumperoo/exersaucer if they fit in the car

Clarity
02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
I'd ask if the hotel has a crib before I'd bring the pnp. And, check on a high chair or booster too, if you can save lugging some basic things around, it's worth asking. But definitely bring some of her favorite toys.

mominct2004
02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
If you have room for a stroller--my DD loved being pushed around the hotel/gardens (if there are any). And favorite toys.

rlu
02-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Do they have a pool? A quick dip could be fun.

Second the "new toys" plan.

Also, if there is a dvd player in the room, it might be nice to have something for DC (and DH when DC sleeps) to watch.

We did a long hotel stay when DS was 2.5 and the new toys were a huge hit (happened to be Brio trains) as was the new DVD (Curious George movie).

Trying to remember what DS liked that young (my mind is shot today), oh, singing - maybe bring a boombox for the room to play favorite cds.

If DC has a favorite bedding, might bring that too.

Umm, maybe a portable swing?

maylips
02-11-2008, 11:05 AM
I have traveled with my DD (who is 11 months now) for work and stayed in hotel rooms for multiple days. Either my mom or DH went along with me. Actually, THEY would probably be more help to you for suggestions than I would, but here are a few:

- definitely bring your own pnp, if you can fit it. Sometimes the hotel cribs are fine, or they have a pnp on their own, but I've been in one hotel where the slats are pretty wide and I was too worried to put DD in it to sleep.
- not sure if you already have the hotel, but if you can upgrade or stay in a place that has two rooms, DO IT. That way, DC can sleep in one room while DH watches TV in another. It's hard to get a baby to nap when you're in the room doing things
- most important thing ever -- a stroller. For your DH's sake. Let them go to the mall or just get out of the room for a bit or they'll go insane.
- we did not do the "new toy" thing yet that the PP's suggested. That's a good idea, although your baby is as young as ours was and I'm not sure how much that mattered at that age. But I'm going to try it next week when I meet my mom in Atlanta for a few days while I'm at a conference.
- DEFINITELY bring a quilt (or two) of your own. If she's rolling or moving much, you won't want her on the bed all day but it's nasty to think about your sweet baby on a hotel room floor. You'll feel better if DD is on one of your quilts.
- our Baby Einstein activity mat was easy to travel with and was one of Kate's favorite toys, so I took that and was glad I did.
- I would definitely buy some water diapers if the hotel has a pool.
- a cooler for snacks for DH and if DD is eating any solids. It will be hard for him to get out for breakfast and lunch with a baby all the time so he may just want to stay in. He can order room service, of course, but having some food around so he won't have to get out is a good thing.

HTH! Have a safe trip.