PDA

View Full Version : How to get superglue off skin?

tylersmama
02-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Help, please! Accidentally got superglue on my hand and it's driving me crazy. Please tell me there's a way to get it off. I tried goo gone and rubbing alcohol with no success. It's gonna drive me nuts if I have to wait till it wears/falls off! It's on my palm where I can constantly feel it!

Gena
02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
Try nail polish remover with acetone. Works great for me.

tylersmama
02-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Hmm, not sure if I have any. I think my remover is acetone-free. Off to go check!

rlu
02-08-2008, 04:38 PM
Ok, this will probably make the "the wierd one" (if I'm not already) but if the nailpolish remover doesn't work, you could gently cut it off using fingernail clippers. Just keep clipping the glue off until you get that top layer of skin off as well. Now you'll have a slight divot/depression on your palm, but it will grow back quickly. this is assuming the glue is stuck to the pad, not the soft sensitive part of your palm.

Does this make any sense?

sidmand
02-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes, acetone or sometimes soaking in hot water.

This would be why I'm not *allowed* to use super glue anymore!

tarabenet
02-08-2008, 06:29 PM
File it with a nail file. For me, it is less risky than acetone or clippers.

tylersmama
02-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Well, the majority of it came off with a little rubbing/picking after my shower. There are still a persistent few spots hanging in there, but at least they're not in annoying spots. Thanks for the ideas, all!