PDA

View Full Version : Maya Wraps are marked way down!

mamatomax
02-08-2008, 04:14 PM
I saw this on TBW several days ago. These are discontinued fabrics. Their original ring slings are $24. The lightly padded ones are $27. My sis got a lightly padded one for $33.XX shipped. She got it in just 3 days, too!

I have one that isn't padded, and I love mine :D

HTH someone!

wiza
02-08-2008, 04:53 PM
who's the vendor? can you post a link to their website? thanks!

bandklangley
02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I found them at http://www.mayawrap.com/CatGateway.asp?Cat=CLEARANCE&CatDesc=Retired

Jacksmommy2b
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks!

I have been debating a mei tai style for a while and at $35 I can't resist!

And, FWIW, I would die without my original Maya Wrap!

mamatomax
02-09-2008, 02:33 AM
I found them at http://www.mayawrap.com/CatGateway.asp?Cat=CLEARANCE&CatDesc=Retired

Thank you for posting the link! Totally meant to do that :D

sdoyle
02-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the post! I have wanted to try a mei tai but had a hard time justifying $80+ to "try" something but at $40..........

Stacy

amycoh
02-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks so much, I just purchased two carriers I have been eying - a ring sling and a maya tie!

DrSally
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
They're out of the Med maya wraps. Is the padded one less padded/bulky than the OTSBH. And, do you like their pouches, are they as good as hotslings/peanut shells. The price is really good. Thanks! I'm a first time slinger, but have read a lot and want to try.

Jacksmommy2b
02-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Dr. Sally,

I've heard that the Lightly padded is just that - very lightly padded.

If I could make a suggestion though - there is no harm in ordering bigger than than thier chart suggests. I am a med by thier chart but I ordered an XL so DH could use it too and it has worked out beautifully. I really like having the longer tail to (even more) discreetly nurse or even use almost as an extra 'blanket' for J when he is in it. So I would think that if you are a Med by the chart having a large really wouldn't be a bad thing. I ordered yesterday but there were a lot of larges left then.

I also wanted to babywear and I had a hard time adjusting to a pouch style (I ordered from a WAHM mom and didn't get very good directions so I think I ordered too small and didn't know what I was doing anyway :)

The regular Maya wrap saved my sanity. There is a really small learning curve and once I got the hang of it I use it 10X more than my stroller even now and J is almost 2 and a hefty 25+ lbs. We usually do the hip or back carry.
I also love having the ability to use my wrap for different things. It has been a blanket, a changing pad, even a 'skirt' for J once after a very bad blowout with no extra clothes! I get tons of compliments and people are always asking me where I found it.

I really can't praise it enough and it is so totally worth the $25 - you can't even get a crappy snugli for that! Also, if you find the ring style is not for you I'm sure you could always sell it for at least what you paid!
G/L

DrSally
02-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Jacksmommy2b, Thanks for the info and the encouragement. My LLL loves her Maya wrap. I think I will check out the patterns in size L. I really would just like a tan/neutral solid though, and it seems like they have a lot of patterns on sale. That is so cool all the uses you have gotten out of it. Love the "skirt" story!

robertrose
02-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I am a size 2-3 Hotslings and according to this chart should be a M or can wear a S. Should I go ahead and get the L, to be safe? The one I want comes only in S or L, not M.

TIA!
Grace

Jacksmommy2b
02-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I would always go big before I went smaller. The chart told me to order a medium and I did and when I got it there was barley a tail left when I put J in it. I returned it for the XL and am so happy with it! (FWIW I'm a size 10/12, 5'6" and large busted) Oh, and the Med never would have fit my hubby at almost 6 feet and average build!

(He said he had no interest in wearing J but as soon as he started getting heavy and DH saw how little the wieght mattered when he was in the sling he caved and now wears him regularly) :)

The beauty of the maya is that it is totally adjustable and extra fabric won't effect the use of the sling at all. If I don't want the tail hanging down I'll just throw it over my shoulder and it's totally out of the way. But, like I said before I really like having the extra fabric there when I need it. I also wonder if the short tail of the Medium would be a problem now that J is so big and heavy :) Also, if I remember correctly there isn't a huge difference between the sizes. ( I want to say 3 or 6 inches but it's been a while)

Oh, and it will shrink a little when you wash it! Not much but enough to make the XL a perfect fit for me.

Oh and Dr. Sally - it's funny you say that about color - the only regret I have about my warp is going with the nuetral back and grey and not getting more daring with the color. I am now coveting a red one but I can't justify another one even at $25 :) just for a new color.

robertrose
02-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Well then Large it is. I am hiding this from DH b/c I have not used my Hotsling in so long, DD is now about 23 lbs, almost 2 y/o. I loved my hotsling, but seemed to have a hard time getting her in and out when she got a bit bigger.

I am going to try this out. Thanks!
Grace :)