PDA

View Full Version : I hate Huggies

rebeccaravit
02-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Dear Huggies,
Your diapers suck!

I am so freaking tired of cleaning up from your sucky leaky diapers. And now that DS is starting to eat solids his poops are becoming more tricky to clean up.

In your market research in developing your sucky diapers, did you not encounter a child with chunky thighs? At 7 months old and 20 lbs, a size 5 diaper is very difficult to get around his huge legs. Not to mention the fact that he now thinks that diaper changing time is the same time of day to try to teethe on his toes, or practice his backstroke.

Also, please explain the magical chemical reaction that occurs when the diaper is a little too full of pee that causes the picture of Mickey and Minnie Mouse to come off onto his white onesie. Now we have black, red, green, yellow and brown colored onesies.

I can't wait to go back to Kirkland wipes and Pampers dipes.

Rebecca

Marisa6826
02-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Jonathan's agency pitched their work a few years ago. When his boss (who knew we had little kids) *asked* Jonathan what we used, he had to look him in the eye and admit that we used Pampers because his "wife thinks Huggies suck".

The boss wanted specifics and was pretty cool about stuff like this, so it's not like insubordination or anything, btw.

The boss asked if I would change my mind if I got them for free. Jonathan said no. Gotta say the man knows his wife well. ;)

-m

egoldber
02-09-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry they don't work for you. But I'm glad there are diapers out there that work for long and skinny babies too. :) Pampers were great for my older DD, but I much prefer Huggies for her skinny minnie little sister.

I would call their CS though to complain about the pix coming off onto the onesie. I have never, ever had that problem.

JMS
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
Rebecca,
Try the Kirkland diapers! Both my kids were chunky babies and I actually liked Kirkland more than Pampers (and Pampers much, more more than Huggies). Unfortunately, size 5 is their largest size, so we're back to Pampers :(

mamicka
02-09-2008, 02:06 PM
I think it's totally dependant on the child. DS is 6 months & 21 lbs & has the chunkiest thighs I've ever seen... Pampers don't fit him at all - Huggies work great. The staining the onsies doesn't sound right, though. I'd call CS.

SnuggleBuggles
02-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Aren't the Kirkland diapers made by Huggies?

I must be diapering deficient b/c I get leaks with regular and fancy Huggies AND Pampers. My dh doesn't. Thank goodness for Whole Foods' diapers. I was really tired of ruining clothes on a daily basis b/c of leaky poos.

Beth

bubbaray
02-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Aren't the Kirkland diapers made by Huggies?

Yes, Kirkland diapers are made by Huggies.

I hate Kirkland and Huggies diapers because DD#1 is severely allergic to them. 3 doctors later, none of them figured that out (they said it was an infection, impetigo and an allergy to food -- um, NOT). She finally told me that the "horsey" diapers hurt her bum. We stopped using them and the next morning, the icky, infected area was gone. I kid you not.

I have a whole box of sz4 Kirkland diapers that I really hope DD#2 isn't allergic to. But, at the first sign of any diaper rash (which she's never had), I'll be tossing them.

Pampers ROCK! :)

Marisa6826
02-09-2008, 03:07 PM
I have a whole box of sz4 Kirkland diapers that I really hope DD#2 isn't allergic to. But, at the first sign of any diaper rash (which she's never had), I'll be tossing them.

Just so you know, Costco will take them back even if the box is opened - don't even need the receipt. They can look it up with your membership card. You'll get a credit back on your acct.

-m

scoop22
02-09-2008, 04:50 PM
i am so with you on the huggies diapers. it just doesn't work for us. i know several families it does work for so good for them but huggies will not be bought in the near future from this family. i hope you find something that works. i am hoping we don't have to search long for ds2

momtoonegirl
02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
We are a Pampers Swaddlers/Cruisers family here too :heartbeat:

We tried Huggies Regular, Supreme, and Kirkland and had so many leaks and blowouts that I filled out a comment form online with Huggies. They sent us coupons to try them again. I didn't use them :nodno:

bubbaray
02-09-2008, 05:13 PM
Just so you know, Costco will take them back even if the box is opened - don't even need the receipt. They can look it up with your membership card. You'll get a credit back on your acct.

-m

Oh, I know. I just couldn't bring myself to return an open pack of diapers.... If DD#2 can't use them, I'll either donate them to our daycare or to the Food Bank.

Thanks though!

Tondi G
02-09-2008, 08:23 PM
It is so funny cause we used Huggies with #1 and then when #2 was born we used swaddlers in the hospital and liked them so much we started buying pampers. When they made the switch in their cruisers to that Mesh liner my DS started breaking out in a HORRIBLE rash on his bottom. We made the switch to Kirkland and loved them till DS needed size 6. We are now Huggies Supreme users... can't stand the cheaper Huggies (of course... can't save $$)!

It all depends on the kid I guess!

gatorsmom
02-09-2008, 11:04 PM
LOL. that is so funny because I was thinking the EXACT same thing about Pampers the other day. The next thought in my head was "thank God for Huggies." But I think it depends on the baby. Huggies is great for DS2 and DS3 but not DD.

Now, I will also say i HATE HATE HATE Luv's diapers. Every size. Hate em. to each his own. :)

DrSally
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry they don't work for you. But I'm glad there are diapers out there that work for long and skinny babies too. :) Pampers were great for my older DD, but I much prefer Huggies for her skinny minnie little sister.

I would call their CS though to complain about the pix coming off onto the onesie. I have never, ever had that problem.

I've never had that prob either. I would call them as well. You may get a free pack or good coupon.

rebeccaravit
02-10-2008, 02:10 PM
I've tried Costco diapers with DS #1 and ended up giving them to a friend who used them for her daughter. I find it interesting that certain dipes work for boys, and others for girls.

As much as I hate Huggies, both boys had poopy leaks with Pampers. It wasn't until DS #1 started having solid poops (like ours) that he didn't leak. But w/ Pampers at least I know that they are going to leak up the back if it's a very big poop and since my son bf's ALOT, then there is going to be alot of poop. The Huggies just don't fit around his thighs so both poop and pee leak.

I have to say that I made a switch from using the Huggies Overnights, to just the regular Huggies at night time and there really haven't been any wet leaks. I guess the Overnight diapers are just harder to get a tight fit over his chunky legs.

Glad to hear that some of you have the same probs. I will call CS this week to let them know about the picture coming off. Maybe I can give whatever incentive they send me to a friend.

Radosti
02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
We could not use Huggies in Size 1 or 2 (DS came home in size 1's). They would explode everywhere. I actually called Huggies and they sent me coupons for full value. Once we got into size 3's, we could use pampers and huggies interchangeably. Plus, we started needing the huggies overnighters. If your diapers are too full of pee, you might need the Overnight ones to use at night.

Now that DS is in Size 6, I prefer the huggies because the cruisers are sooo much smaller. I think I need to switch to size 7 cruisers, but I still have several packs of size 6 cruisers, so we'll finish using them.

mommyoftwo
02-10-2008, 06:21 PM
That is why I switched to cloth diapers. I never had a single blowout with cloth. With disposables, it was at least a daily occurance. I actually did less laundry using cloth than I did using sposies. I agree, blowouts suck.

ShanaMama
02-10-2008, 09:50 PM
At 7 months old and 20 lbs, a size 5 diaper is very difficult to get around his huge legs.

I know you're really frustrated but your post made me :ROTFLMAO: . DD is 2.5 and very tall and skinny. She can still wear size 4! But we're talking Pampers here, so maybe the sizing is different.
The only Huggies I used were the free one I got in the mail. Hated them.

vludmilla
02-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Am I the only one who isn't brand loyal with diapers? I'll admit that I have my preferences and currently, we only use Seventh Generation because DD used to have a bad rash. Anyway, if it weren't for DD's previous rash, I don't think I'd be using one brand more than another. I never had more than one blowout or leak a month with any diaper.

Marisa6826
02-10-2008, 10:18 PM
But w/ Pampers at least I know that they are going to leak up the back if it's a very big poop and since my son bf's ALOT, then there is going to be alot of poop.
Rebecca, have you tried the 'trick' where you fold the top of the back of the dipe in and over itself like the top of an envelope (you have to do the fold once the dipe is on the babe) so that the poop would be kind of trapped from coming out of the top of the dipe? I had some luck with that when the girls' were a little, uh, more loose in their production.

-m

rebeccaravit
02-10-2008, 11:07 PM
Rebecca, have you tried the 'trick' where you fold the top of the back of the dipe in and over itself like the top of an envelope (you have to do the fold once the dipe is on the babe) so that the poop would be kind of trapped from coming out of the top of the dipe? I had some luck with that when the girls' were a little, uh, more loose in their production.

-m

This never crossed my mind! I will definitely try this next time I buy Pampers. The Huggies have that elastic in the back so at least that was one good positive for the diapers.

Jenn30
02-12-2008, 03:17 PM
I always had problems with DS1 leaking. I would have to change a soaked crib constantly. Huggies worked better than any others we tried (and we tried them all), but he would still leak. I think he just produces a lot of pee, because (at 3 yo) we now have the same problem with Pull Ups. We tried the night time ones, but now are using Good Nights. I have to make sure he pees before bed and the pull up is still soaked by morning.

The other moms I know swore by different diapers. If we can get by using the cheaper ones when DS2 gets here, then I would happily use them. I always bought Smiles for daycare and daytime use.

jenleedee
02-17-2008, 08:16 PM
We had problems with the Huggies for my first kid and strictly used Pampers. He still wears their pull-ups at night. Having #2 this week and plan to only use Pampers. But it's funny...#1 had chunky thighs and I never made the connection like you did. I just figured the Huggies just sucked because they were cheaper and you get what you pay for!

jamesmom
02-18-2008, 10:19 AM
We're also a Pampers Cruisers loving family after finding out years ago that Huggies did not work for us. Thankfully, one kid is potty trained, and the other one will be soon, (hoping and praying :) )

raymiesmommy
02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
My son did diaper studies for Huggies during his diaper days. I know these are things they were looking at. I think one study was even about dyes coming off on clothes and kids. I would be sure to save the codes off the packages of the ones that were really bad and call and let them know. You may not buy their product again (hence not use the coupons they will send you) but they do want to know and make their products better. They are really great about that aspect of it. But if nobody tells them, then they don't know.

smartlass
02-21-2008, 03:16 PM
I've never had a problem with Huggies, Our blowouts have all been with Pampers, which I LOATHE, he even got a weird rash when he was using them.
Strange, what works for one...doesn't for another (I've got a short fat baby)

ChefGirl
02-23-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry Huggies didn't work out for you. We were a loyal Pamer family with DS #1 until they changed their lining to the mesh kind. DS and DD both had rashes with the new mes lining in Pampers. So we switched to Huggies with DD. Thank goodness DS #1 was potty trained by then. Now DS #2 is using the Huggies newborn. So far, we haven't had any issues.