PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Lights

SunshineWedding
02-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Its the only show I watch on TV and we missed last nights show :( Can anyone fill me in on what happened, I don't know anyone IRL who watches it - Thanks you!

Lisa

caleymama
02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
I don't watch it but I know Television Without Pity does recaps and recaplets. They're humorous, but it will tell you what happened.

http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/Shows/Friday-Night-Lights

HTH

kss611
02-09-2008, 09:02 PM
It is my favorite show. I have not seen last night's episode yet. I DVRed it. You can actaully watch it on-line: http://www.nbc.com/Friday_Night_Lights/video/episodes.shtml

I read in the paper yesterday that last night's episode is the last one written, and NBC may option to not have any more written when the writer's strike is resolved (which I think is now over as of today). I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will come back. It is such a great show.

Karen

Twoboos
02-09-2008, 10:08 PM
I read in the paper yesterday that last night's episode is the last one written, and NBC may option to not have any more written when the writer's strike is resolved.

Ohhhhhhh no no no! I only discovered FNL this season and I am HOOKED. I have been hearing about this being "the best show no one is watching" for so long, and I suppose no more episodes would prove it.

Major bummer. :( <sigh>

crayonblue
02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Oh good, I LOVE this show! I grew up in small town Texas and this show is pretty accurate in my opinion! It's all about the football.

Recap:

Ok, this is from memory. Tyra and Landry are together now, walking around school holding hands. Matt thinks it's not going to last and brings up his relationship with the Guatemalan girl and tells Landry the same thing is going to happen to him. Smash verbally committs to play football for Whitmore, a small college. He is devastated and feels like his NFL dreams are gone but his mom is so proud that he is going to college. Riggins is still chasing after Garrity, showing up at church and saying he will keep coming as long as it takes. Garrity goes with her boyfriend from church to meet his family for a weekend. I don't know which direction the show is going with this relationship as he seems very, very nice. Garrity seemed happy to be there but maybe uncomfortable. The show is trying to build-up the tension between her and Riggins. Garrity and church boyfriend start kissing and then he stops and leaves. Tami's old boyfriend is in town and she and Coach Taylor meet him for dinner. He insults Coach and they get into a drinking match and then beat each other up. Tami has no pity on Coach. The young man in the wheelchair finds out the girl from his one-night-stand is pregnant. He is so excited because he thought he couldnt' have children. He wants her to have the baby, she says she is only 19, they argue. End of show she decides she will consider having the baby.

This is all out of order but it's what I remember! Hope this helps!

ETA: There wasn't a preview for another show and I am SO afraid it will be cancelled!

hwin708
02-10-2008, 01:29 AM
I LOVE this show. It is outrageously good.

This past episode is supposed to be the last one of the season. While they probably would have had time to shoot a few more, since the writer's strike is expected to end in the next few days, NBC has already announced the DVD release of Season 2 (this season) as containing 15 episodes. So they're ending the season now.

We don't know yet if there will be a third season. Apparently, the head of NBC programming made some comments which implied that the ratings for FNL were not good enough to warrant renewal. There are lots of fan campaigns online to save the show. I have my fingers crossed. To have such an amazing show end abruptly midway through a season would just suck.

SunshineWedding
02-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Ladies - how awesome to hear from you - I watched it online last night, who knew!!! It was great, and thanks again for all the recaps, here's hoping it wont be the last episode