PDA

View Full Version : Petunia Picklebottom Diaper Bags & Blankets - Up to 70% off (EXTENDED through 2/15)

hwin708
02-10-2008, 12:38 AM
Regent's Secret (https://regentssecret.com/) is having a sale on Petunia Picklebottom products.

This is a bit of a weird site, in that they basically just sell one brand at a time, having a big sale on that one brand. You have to register to view and shop at the site.

The password to register is "secret" (no quotation marks, obviously).

Here is the pricing, so you can decide if it is worth the effort of registering (which is very easy, and doesn't even require email verification):
Cake Society Satchel (in Blue Berry Crumb, Lemon Chiffon, and Strawberry Lace) $113 (orig. $325)
Boxy Backpack (in Ginger Roll, Green Tee, Meadow Lark, Pink Lady, Song Bird, and Tutu Roll) $55 (orig. $158)
Touring Totes (in Lemon Grass, Meadow Lark, Peacock Paradise, Pink Lady, Raspberry Fields, Song Bird, and Wisteria Roll) $50 (orig. $145)
Shoulder Bag (in Lemon Grass and Raspberry Fields) $59 (orig. $175)
Toddler Totes (in Fond of Flora, Fortune Cookie TT, Ginger Roll, and Sunset Roll) $50 (orig. $145)
Blankets (in Green Tee Roll, Juniper Berry, Meadow Lark, Raspberry Fields, Rum Raisin, and Song Bird) $26 (orig. $66)

SlickDeals Thread (http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=740269) (not terribly informative)

supercalifragilous
02-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Hi there - thanks for finding such an AWESOME deal!

I cross-posted this on the Diaper Bags forum for you.

Melanie
02-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Thanks for posting the deal. What a bizarre website, though.

Radosti
02-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I just got the Lemon Grass Brocade shoulder bag... it's so pretty. Thanks! I really don't need it, but it's so pretty :)

BargainMomforLuke
02-10-2008, 05:44 PM
I was going to place an order for a backpack, however, when I was checking out, my browser (Mozilla) mentioned the site was encrypted, but the credit card information was sent through an unencrypted server. I didn't place my order, as it seemed a bit sketchy.

hwin708
02-10-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm glad some people were able to use this deal, and thanks for the cross post!

I was going to place an order for a backpack, however, when I was checking out, my browser (Mozilla) mentioned the site was encrypted, but the credit card information was sent through an unencrypted server. I didn't place my order, as it seemed a bit sketchy.
I really have no idea what those "security" warnings ever mean. I'm definitely not familiar with this site, so can't guarantee anything. But I got that same message the other day when ordering flowers through FTD, which I feel perfectly safe with. I just don't know what is or isn't a "big deal" warning.

I googled the website, and it appears to have been around for a while, offering mainly fashion sales, and is legit. But, again, I have no personal experience with the site.

gatorsmom
02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
Which one would you get? I just saw the new PPB "Cake" satchels. I love them!!! My favorite is not on sale, the Blackberry Cake Cameo but the others are neat too. Which one would you get? They are just so tempting!

http://www.trenditikes.com/petuniapicklebottom.html?gclid=CMyY89Kyu5ECFQ4mIgo df2fkOQ

If you page down the lemon chiffon, blueberry crumb and strawberry lace are all next to each other. I can't decide. But at that price, I'd love to have one! I only have one diaper bag now and it goes everywhere with me. I'm sure in the next year it'll poop out on me so it wouldn't hurt to have a second (here's me justifying a purchase).

which do you like of the three?

Radosti
02-11-2008, 11:47 AM
My friend just got the lemon cake satchell. She has no idea either of what it will look like...but she thinks she'll like it.

tobycat
02-11-2008, 11:49 AM
So sad... I missed the Cake Satchels they are sold out. Like the shape of the Touring Totes, but not any of the colors except Peacock. Has anyone seen that one IRL?

candice

Lauren99
02-11-2008, 12:44 PM
I hope I don't get flamed for posting this but I'm a little leery of that site. It only opened in Janurary and I can't find anyone posting anything about receiving anything. Only a post about it being 10 days since someone ordered and they didn't recieve it yet. I did a reverse lookup on the phone number and didn't come up with anything and they have no other contact information.

I'm not saying that it is a fraud but I'm hesitant enough to not give them my information so I figured I'd share.

gatorsmom
02-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Well the satchels were gone but that didn't stop me from buying a touring tote. Thank you so much for the link to that website. It looks like they have some interesting sales on there-great ideas for Christmas presents!!

thx again!

Davids-Coco
02-11-2008, 01:47 PM
I have two touring totes. Great for the older baby or not a heavy packer. I don't think I could pack for two in one though.

In terms of security warnings... anyone can do that for any site. It isn't hard - its a setting. And some of the settings are not recognized by all browsers. Theirs is recognized by safari at least.

And in terms of wanting to take part but being hesitant... Some credit card companies can give you a temporary number with a secondary credit limit for online purchases. I do this whenever I question a site. Usually the limit is right around the purchase amount. (Mine is through bank of america and literally takes a minute to do it online)

Radosti
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Just got an e-mail from UPS that mine has shipped!!!

matthewsmom
02-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I was wondering how you did that online. I couldn't find it and I tried calling Bank of America to set it up for me since I am already a customer and have a VISA through them but they said that they had never heard of it. I would love to know more about it. thanks.

supercalifragilous
02-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Some credit card companies can give you a temporary number with a secondary credit limit for online purchases. I do this whenever I question a site. Usually the limit is right around the purchase amount. (Mine is through bank of america and literally takes a minute to do it online)

I have this through Discover and was able to do it online as well. You can generate as many numbers as you want (which just makes it harder to keep track of), but I use it for recurring auto-expenses, like AOL, Sprint, other bills - each company has one # so only that vendor can use it and the credit limit is low. No employee could steal the # and try to use it somewhere else.

You could also use it in this case and then just call to have the # canceled after the purchase goes through so it would only be for one-time use.

Davids-Coco
02-14-2008, 01:26 AM
I was wondering how you did that online. I couldn't find it and I tried calling Bank of America to set it up for me since I am already a customer and have a VISA through them but they said that they had never heard of it. I would love to know more about it. thanks.

First you will need to sign up to use their online service. It doesn't cost anything and you can check your balance at any time. Then, you just sign in, go into your card information, and click on the "use safeshop". Unless you called their online help, they probably don't have a clue.

hwin708
02-14-2008, 01:44 AM
I just got an email from Regent Secret, saying they are extending the sale through the 15th.

The email:

Due to overwhelming demand for Ed Hardy, we were completely sold out within the first 7 hours of the sale. We are restocking our inventory and will resume the Ed Hardy sale in 2 days.

In the meantime, we are continuing the Petunia Pickle Bottom sale through Friday 2/15.

gatorsmom
02-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I got that too, but unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for my checking account) they haven't added any new stock to the PPB items. And their stock is really down to slim pickin's.

tobycat
02-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm still contemplating and coveting a Touring Tote. Has anyone seen the Wisteria Roll IRL? On my monitor the pink looks like a salmony orangish pink.

candice

TahliasMom
02-15-2008, 01:00 AM
i got the touring today in the lemongrass? green color. it was waiting me for me on the porch. adorable. ;)

gatorsmom
02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Just wanted to say that I received my PPB bag from Regent's Secret with no problems. It took abou 10 days to ship, but I got them no problem. So, if anyone was hesitant about that website, so far, so good.

babybear
02-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Right now I am having a huge problem. They sent it to the wrong address even though my correct address is on file. The address that was on the box does not exist. Reaching them has been a nightmare and Fed Ex is not much better. So I am still waiting for my bag.

matthewsmom
02-26-2008, 09:04 PM
I received my bag without any problems. Took about 10 days also. I think I would try it again next time.

wigfurs
02-26-2008, 09:50 PM
I also received my bag, no problems. I hope what you experienced was just a "freak" thing. Sorry it didn't go smoothly for you.