PDA

View Full Version : Still confused...more help please

madiesmum
02-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Im sorry im such a spaz about this. I am very new to this baby thing. I have done research but still dont understand a few things. I have decided on a britax marathon. Im not sure it will even work in my car. They talk only about the latch system. I dont have a latch set up in my car. Does it not work with a lap belt? And what about the tether? And what the heck are lock offs??

***edited to add ...after 3 days of trying to get it to work (satellite internet is spotty at best)...i finally got onto the Britax website and had most of these questions answered!! However any words of wisdom on using the Britax marathon with a lap belt would still be appreciated.

Joolsplus2
02-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Unless you have a remarkably small 2 door car or a remarkably tall set of front seat passengers or a Mercury Cougar, the Marathon will work just fine (the first two issues because of front passenger space, the 3rd because nothing fits in a cougar, lol). What car do you have? what seat are you using now? I'm sure we can walk you through an install so you get it just perfect :)

madiesmum
02-10-2008, 01:41 PM
I have a 98 ford explorer. i am using a graco snugride right now, but she is quickly growing out of it. I have been trying to decide for 2 weeks now. Now i have another seat in the mix....a radian80. This has been the hardest decision i have ever made. I think i will stick to my decision to buy the marathon though, cause if i dont stick to something soon she'll be 18 before i pick a seat. Now i am just trying to find the best deal :)

jjordan
02-10-2008, 03:18 PM
If your daughter hasn't totally outgrown her infant seat yet, Britax seats go on sale at many online retailers at the end of February. If you can't wait that long I think I heard that some are on sale at Target.com right now.