PDA

View Full Version : Sleep in Car Seat

ChefGirl
02-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi all,
We just had our DD#3 two weeks ago. He's nursing well and seem to have a calm temperment. However, he hates to be swaddled and hates to be put on his back to sleep. I tried the swaddling, the wedge and even let him sleep on top of me. The only place he will sleep and nap is the car seat.

How did you guys get your DD to finally sleep on his back in the crib? DD#1 had no issues with sleeping. DD#2 liked to sleep on her tummy. The Ped says it's okay for him to sleep there for now, but eventually needs to get him to sleep on his back.

I'm just clueless right now. Even though this is DD#3, it's amazing how easily you forget about the little things with a newborn.

thanks in advance,
Chefgirl
Mommy to three kiddos.

maylips
02-15-2008, 11:46 AM
We only have one for experience, but she never slept on her back well. My mom, Miss "we-did-it-that-way-and-you-turned-out-okay" was watching her one day for me and put her on her stomach for a nap and she slept for 3 hours...and we did that ever since.

There were definitely nights of car-seat-on-the-dryer, though. I just remember agonizing over sleep issues -- reading every book, wondering if I was doing it right. And then I realized that I pretty much couldn't control ANYTHING that baby did for the first two months.

So I say let him sleep where he likes and don't worry about really trying the crib until he's two months. GL! They're all different, aren't they?

mls115
02-18-2008, 11:15 PM
I agree! The first 3 months are pure survival. DS wouldn't sleep in the bassinet but loved his car seat. So, out went the bassinet and in came the car seat. At about 2 months he started napping in his crib. At 3 months we cut out the night-time car seat cold turkey. He has slept in his crib ever since with no problem. Do whatever you have to (that is safe) and Good luck.

jensandsteves
03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
my daughter is 7 months and still won't nap in her crib. :P

jen_loafer77
04-15-2008, 09:02 PM
My baby is almost 6 weeks old and only sleeps in a gliding bassinet at night, but not during the day. During the day, it seems he only wants to sleep on me or near me. I'm not even going to try his crib until he is 2 months, then I am going to start trying to transition him to the crib.:D

TraciG
09-09-2008, 09:39 AM
mine slept in the car seat for MONTH'S ! We had to put him to sleep in the car seat / snap & go then we'd take him in the car seat & move him to the bedroom !