PDA

View Full Version : work clothes: anything other than BR and ATL?

Mom to Brandon and 2 cats
02-10-2008, 08:23 PM
Okay, I'm in a clothes rut. Pbly 90% of my clothes come from ATL and Banana Republic. Are there any other shops out there that I can look at the expand my repertoire? If it helps, I'm in a semi-professional industry (engineering), and work for a municipal government with interface with the public, so it's important to look neat and tidy.

Thanks....

vludmilla
02-10-2008, 08:38 PM
How about Boden (online), GAP, Nordstroms, J Crew, JJill, or Esprit (online)?

SnuggleBuggles
02-10-2008, 10:03 PM
For something fun maybe try BlueFly.com?

I am in the same rut too.

Beth

kozachka
02-11-2008, 04:13 AM
You did not mention how young you are and what style you like. I think that makes a difference too. I don't like BR for work clothes but have bought some blouses at Talbots which has classic professional attire and unexpectedly to myself at Chico's which apparently has smaller sizes too.

You should try better department stores such as Nordstrom and... blanking out here...and, I guess, outlets. To give yourself better selection. I almost bought a few things from Ralph Lauren.

KBecks
02-11-2008, 08:16 AM
I agree to check out the work wear at the department stores for greater variety.

cvanbrunt
02-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I second Talbots for separates, and Ralph Lauren. Coldwater Creek ocassionally has things I like but often is too "old lady" for me.

octmom
02-11-2008, 05:20 PM
I am nodding in agreement with suggestions from others. If there is an Ann Taylor Factory Store (at outlet centers) anywhere near you, I have had good luck there.