PDA

View Full Version : Hey Liz(elizabethkott), how was your HS Production?

Corie
02-11-2008, 02:45 PM
I'm curious about your high school production. How did
everything go?

Give me the scoop! :)

KBecks
02-11-2008, 05:14 PM
I've been wondering too. :)

gatorsmom
02-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Me too, I've wondered. I hope everything went ok, but I'm sure you have some stories for us, right?

Corie
02-13-2008, 03:44 PM
bumping this up.

How did everything go? Liz, where are you?

elizabethkott
02-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey all!
Thanks for asking... It's been a really hectic couple of weeks.
The show went very well. We finally found someone to build the set, and painted it on the Monday of show week (!). The costumes and wigs were awesome, as were the corsets a student MADE for the production.
We did The Importance of Being Earnest, and the Thursday night show went very, very well. The principal kept saying on Friday how much he loved it and "how proud of this production" he was. That felt really good. :)
Then the Friday night show came. Algernon went up on his lines. TWICE. And I'm not talking a little stumble. I'm talking out and out blank stare, a good 15-20 seconds of silence. TWICE. I nearly had a panic attack. He got it back, though.
Saturday night was going well until act 2, and a maid came through the picket fence and knocked half of it down with her butt. It was hilarous! The kids covered very well by sending a footman and the butler from act 1 out to put it upright again. When the maid came on again, she looked at the fence with this terrified look and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y opened it. She got a huge laugh. It was awesome. After the show they have this horrible tradition that I hate where they call everyone up on stage to thank them. They got me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a build-a-bear named Earnest, dressed in a suit, holding flowers. They even all went to the mall and recorded things for it to say! It was so cute!
Then yesterday a friend from the English department and I reprised a performance of A.R. Gurney's Love Letters for the AP English classes and all the Performing Arts students. That went well too. :)
But I stayed home today because the J-monster has developed croup. Poor little guy! He's in really good spirits, but sounds like he's been smoking a pack and a half a day. I hope the meds help him out soon!
So that's the update! Phew! Thanks for asking!!! :)

Corie
02-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Liz,

That is so awesome!!! Glad to hear everything went well.
And it sounds like your kids handled the "picket fence incident"
perfectly!

Will there be another production this year or can you breathe
a sigh of relief?

elizabethkott
02-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Oh no. We have "An Evening of One Acts" on March 28th, plus an invitation Shakespeare competition, plus the Dance Concert in May. Yeish! At least with the One Acts, the majority of them are student directed, so I just have to monitor progress and rehearsals and such.

Corie
02-14-2008, 09:31 AM
OMG! My stomach just instantly went into knots reading your
post. I think I would need a stiff drink to make it through.

elizabethkott
02-14-2008, 11:40 AM
I did.
:)