PDA

View Full Version : Forgot to let you mama's know that I'm home!

MMEand1
02-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Sorry I have not posted on here since getting home, but the day after I got back we were seeing a doc (on a weekend downtown since the base does not have weekend services) with my sick DS. Two days later, we were in the dr's office again for my DD. My DH has not been 100% either, and on top of that, it's -20F straight temperature without the wind chill (and we have 30-50 mph winds)!!!! Needless to say, things have been crazy here. Friday night I was using my DH's Cutco knives and ended up almost cutting off my index finger wihich could have used stitches (or at least glue), but we were having a blizzard and I did not feel like getting the kids out to head to the ER and I knew that I cold not drive there by myself. OY!!!

Hopefully things will settle down now that the kids have some meds in them and everything. I do not have to go back to work until the 25th, so at least I have some down time!

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great week!
Mariah P.

o_mom
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Glad you made it back! Welcome Home!

caleymama
02-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Welcome Home!! So glad you're home safe and sound. Hopefully everyone is on the mend soon!

Mamma2004
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Welcome home, Mariah!!!! Geez, we were all so sorried about you when you were in Iraq but it seems HOME has proven quite dangerous! ;-)

Hope everyone will soon be feeling better. Enjoy your down time!

Stephanie

Emmas Mom
02-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Ditto what Stephanie said....we're so glad you're home but it's definitely proving a bit more hazardous! ;) Hang in there & welcome home!!!!

buddyleebaby
02-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Welcome home Mariah!
Sick or not, your dc must be overjoyed.

SASM
02-11-2008, 04:47 PM
WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!! Did Eli give you his M&Ms? :) Are you home for good? I am sooooooo glad that you are back safely. I was just thinking about you this AM ~ I was in Target and saw that they are selling running skorts. :)

Hugs to the four of you!

Ohhh...what was the "tree" on your postcard made of???? :)

rlu
02-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Hooray, hooray, hooray! Welcome back.

gatorsmom
02-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Welcome home! Glad to have you safely back. Thank you for your sacrifices over there.

MMEand1
02-11-2008, 05:33 PM
[QUOTE=SASM]
Ohhh...what was the "tree" on your postcard made of???? :)[/QUOTE

I made that out of copper and brass pipe and then hooked it up to an ac unit. We charged it up and then turned on the ac unit and it froze over. It worked out pretty good! One of the other units made a snowman the same way and would keep it on year-round. It was pretty neat, but I liked the tree better!

Thanks for all the thoughts and well-wishes! Everyone is getting better and I have learned to type rather well without an index finger :)

Mariah P.

maestramommy
02-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Welcome home Soldier!:cheerleader1:So glad to see you safely back! Hope your family is doing better soon:hug:

bisous
02-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome home! :)

Jen

Melanie
02-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Welcome Back! I'm so glad you are back safe & sound. Do you know if it will be for a while?

ShanaMama
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Welcome back! Thank you again for your service.

MMEand1
02-11-2008, 10:50 PM
Welcome Back! I'm so glad you are back safe & sound. Do you know if it will be for a while?

The soonest I can go back will be September 2008, but if all goes as planned, I'll be PG by then!!!!

Thanks again for all the support!
MP

Fairy
02-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Mariah! Welcome home! Very very glad to hear you're back. Is this permanent, or is it shorter-term? When it rains it pours, huh? Glad things are settling down.