PDA

View Full Version : The opposite of Domestic Goddess would be?

s7714
02-11-2008, 03:19 PM
Domestic dunce? Whatever it is, that's what I am this morning. I ran three loads of laundry this morning, and then when I went to put a fourth in I noticed the washer has been set on the SMALL setting the whole darn time! :banghead: Which means I've washed and dried three entire loads of laundry with enough soap for a large wash, but only enough water for a small one.

Best thing I can say about the situation is at least I didn't have all those clothes put away yet, so I can at least resort them and run them through the wash again. :rolleye0014: I can't feel any difference in the clothes that did get wash and dried, but I don't want soap residue drying out our skin, so off I go to rewash.

trales
02-11-2008, 04:12 PM
If laundry was a qualifying event for having children, I would not be allowed any. DD has a whole set of accidentally pink onesies.

Go treat yourself to a front loader, it automatically detects the amount of wash and adjusts. This has been my lifesaver. Without it, I would have been shipped to the looney bin by now. I could never remember to change the settings.

You are better than I, before my fancy new machine, I would have just put the clothes away soapy.

LarsMal
02-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Hey, at least you didn't run the clothes with not one, but TWO diapers! Still not sure if they were clean or dirty, but man Pampers has a lot of that gel stuff in the diapers. THAT was a fun day! :duh:

hellokitty
02-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey, at least you didn't run the clothes with not one, but TWO diapers! Still not sure if they were clean or dirty, but man Pampers has a lot of that gel stuff in the diapers. THAT was a fun day! :duh:

Ugh, I hate it when a diaper sneaks into the wash. My DH has let that happen one too many times and gotten chewed out over it enough to know to double check before throwing the kids' clothes in the hamper.

ThreeofUs
02-11-2008, 07:44 PM
LOL! When I read your subject line (The opposite of Domestic Goddess would be?), my first thought was (as I looked around my poor, neglected home) "Gosh, she must be talking about me."

You know, some times things just get out of control. And that's totally where I am.... *sigh*

tarabenet
02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
The opposite of "Domestic Goddess" would be "Real Woman" and/or "Woman With Full Life". Go easy on yourself.

s7714
02-12-2008, 01:54 AM

Eww. Yeah, I think I'll take soapy clothes over diaper gel! ;)

s7714
02-12-2008, 01:58 AM
The opposite of "Domestic Goddess" would be "Real Woman" and/or "Woman With Full Life". Go easy on yourself.

Good point! Thanks for the reminder!

mommy111
02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
The opposite of Domestic Goddess would be

.....Domestic Diva....and all Divas have their moments :) At least you actually DO laundry, I just forget about it until I look into DD's closet and find NO clean clothes left to wear. She's gone to sleep in my sweatshirt on a night when all her pajama tops were in the laundry hamper