PDA

View Full Version : Are there any non Christian preschools in Springhill, TN?

daisy1234
02-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi...A friend of mine moved to Springhill TN and would love to find a preschool for her soon to be 4 year old. She is Jewish and would really like to find a school that is not christian based....Are there any in that area????? The Temples and JCC are just too far from where she lives. I hope someone can help! She would like to find an am program if possible....most seem church based???? Someone mentioned discovery Lane school? Anyone ever here of this one?

SammyeGail
02-12-2008, 03:57 PM
Here's Discovery Lanes website:

http://www.discoverylanedayschool.com/index.htm

There mission statement didn't say anything about being christian based. Their address and phone number is under 'about us', maybe your friend can set up an appt to visit?

I see she's pretty far from Nashville, that would be a long drive.

I don't know if I could be of any help, but I live in a small town in TN too, outside of Chattanooga, I understand how it can be about finding certain things. We have several church preschools, I don't mind because I'm christian, but only one 'general' preschool, its really a daycare, but the owner runs it very educational like.

I hope your friend can check out Discovery Lane and like it.

Samantha
Noah and Jonas
2 yr old twins

emmiem
02-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I live in Southern KY not TN but we have the same problem in my town. All but two preschools are christian based. Have her check out the park district and see if there are any Montessori options. Montessori is usually secular but double check how close to Montessori principles they are. It might be worth the drive to the JCC or Akiva school in Brentwood.

nfowife
02-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi, I'm not in that area, but I am Jewish in a very very Christian area and the Jewish preschool is too far for me to drive on a daily basis. I tried to find other like-minded parents and ask them where they send their kids to school and that's how I found my kid's MDO/preschool program. It is in a church, but it is very secular and I have not had any issues with the program at all. In many places the church justs "hosts" the program but it is not church-run. I would have your friend call around and see what the program directors say about their schools. I never thought I would send my children to a church for preschool but I love the program and am so happy with it!
Just another option/thought.