PDA

View Full Version : spinoff of Foogo thread

nicknack
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
So I take it these are the "good" kind of cups for them? I saw them at BRU and they're cute and look like they're made out of the same material as the Siggs/Safe Sippy cups. I'm slowly trying to move away from all our old plastic sippies and towards the safe ones, so I just want to be sure that these fall into that category.
Thanks!

Oh, by the way, the Safe Sippy leaks ALL THE TIME. $15 down the drain.

hellokitty
02-11-2008, 08:25 PM
The Kleen Kanteen sippy leaks all of the time too, I *hate* it, and have called and complained, they sent me two more pks of avent tops, that did the same exact thing! $17 + shipping down the drain, actually double that, b/c I got two of them. :32: I hope that it will redeem itself when I change the top to the sports spout, but that means I will be spending more $.

MontrealMum
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
In our quest to find "safe" sippies we found out that the Avent Magic Cup is BPA free. So, if you liked it, you can go back to it..or if you're considering it, it's a safe option. Not too happy to give the company more money after all the bottles that we now can't use, but its more readily available. than some other options.

vludmilla
02-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Geez. I just bought the safe sippy cup tonight. I really wish I saw this thread first because it does leak! How rotten. I'll have to see if BuyBuyBaby will take it back on the grounds that it is DEFECTIVE.

Joolsplus2
02-13-2008, 06:48 PM
The Kleen Kanteen sippy leaks all of the time too, I *hate* it, and have called and complained, they sent me two more pks of avent tops, that did the same exact thing! $17 + shipping down the drain, actually double that, b/c I got two of them. :32: I hope that it will redeem itself when I change the top to the sports spout, but that means I will be spending more $.

Hmmm...mine never leaks...but it takes some wicked thumb strength to get the valves all in place tight enough (harder than the regular avent sippy cup rings, I think...that black plastic ring is a little stiffer?). My older kids do fine with the sports tops, we have a few, and they are adept at closing them properly so they don't leak :). Anyway, just wanted to mention that extra effort it takes to get the valves and sippers in place...sometimes I think I have it then I realize I don't upon double checking, so I hope that helps a little!

(Foogo straw cup never leaks either ;) )

hellokitty
02-13-2008, 08:29 PM
Hmmm...mine never leaks...but it takes some wicked thumb strength to get the valves all in place tight enough (harder than the regular avent sippy cup rings, I think...that black plastic ring is a little stiffer?). My older kids do fine with the sports tops, we have a few, and they are adept at closing them properly so they don't leak :). Anyway, just wanted to mention that extra effort it takes to get the valves and sippers in place...sometimes I think I have it then I realize I don't upon double checking, so I hope that helps a little!

(Foogo straw cup never leaks either ;) )

Nope, I have checked and re-checked the valves a zillion times. We are not doing anything wrong. The avent top just sucks. Last I heard KK was in the process of developing their own sippy top, probably b/c the avent ones sucks. Anyway, my youngest is 2.5 yrs old, he can handle a sports top now, but I am just annoyed as heck that I bought these, "safe" sippy cups and they were total crap. Expensive crap.