PDA

View Full Version : Don't change/discontinue Lovies

catcombs
02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I am now getting burned twice in the lovie department. My daughter has 2 identical lovies and once I realized that was her lovie I wanted to get a couple more just in case. Well that brand changed their lovie design. I comforted myself with the knowledge that at least we had two. Now my son has a lovie and when I went to buy a second one (or more) I couldn't find that same design anywhere. They also have changed their designs! Two different brands have both changed their lovie designs on me- this should be illegal! Make a darn lovie and stick to it!

hellokitty
02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
I feel your pain. We've been burned before with our oldest child. His lovie got so ratty, by the time we got a second one, he could tell the difference btwn his real lovie and the new ones. It sounds mean, but we ended up making him go cold turkey w/o his lovie last yr, b/c it was so gross (I am pretty sure he would suck on it all night :eek: ), I mean his entire bdrm smelled like a gigantic fart from his lovie and I was washing it every other day and it STILL stank! He was upset the first night, but did ok after that. I still feel kind of guilty about it. If we had gotten several of them to start out with, we could have rotated them more, so that there wouldn't have been the stink issue. However, with the smell, we were worried that the lovie was probably harboring all sorts of nasties, so we didn't really want him to use it (suck on it) anymore.

ha98ed14
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I just want you to know that I think you made the right decision. :) My DD sucks on the ribbon/ chord that attaches to her MAM pacifier almost as much as she sucks on the pacifier itself, and after a while it does start to stink! I have taken to putting it both in the dishwasher and the laundry. And then when it gets particularly nasty, going out and buying a new one. Thankfully the color doesn't seem to matter.

hellokitty
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I just want you to know that I think you made the right decision. :) My DD sucks on the ribbon/ chord that attaches to her MAM pacifier almost as much as she sucks on the pacifier itself, and after a while it does start to stink! I have taken to putting it both in the dishwasher and the laundry. And then when it gets particularly nasty, going out and buying a new one. Thankfully the color doesn't seem to matter.

Thanks. You know, I was so worried that we would go through the same thing with my youngest son, but thankfully he does not need to suck on anything when he is sleeping. He just loves to hug his stuffed animals. So, I am so relieved we don't have to go through all of that again. I'm glad to hear I am not the only one who had the, "stinky lovie" situation, lol.