PDA

View Full Version : CARES Harness has actually been approved for Canada

Neatfreak
02-11-2008, 08:35 PM
http://www.kidsflysafe.com/newsletter.php

Finally!

bubbaray
02-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Woo hoo!!!!! :) Thanks so much for posting this!

WatchingThemGrow
02-16-2008, 08:39 PM
I'd love to hear from some who have used the CARES harness... A Southwest ticket agent told me she sat behind a passenger using it for 2 DC and the toddler was a little freaked out. Apparently, they didn't try it out at home before using it on the plane. Do your kids seem happy to wear it? Do flight attendants seem willing to assist?

Thanks!

californiagirl
02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
DD is quite happy with it, except when she decides she's fed up with being restrained. Flight attendants have been mostly neutral, occasionally interested, but I wouldn't rely on them to assist. In fact, learn how to find the "FAA approved" tag before you fly (it's not the same place as the other tags).

WatchingThemGrow
02-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Good point about finding that tag. A pilot friend said print up the page from faa.gov about it and have it ready if you are given any grief. It looks like, from their website, they are endorsing the use of the product. I'd still love to hear more from those who have used it.

Neatfreak
02-21-2008, 09:49 PM
I guess we'd be looking for something similiar on the tag from Transport Canada, as the FAA has no authority in Canada.

californiagirl
02-22-2008, 02:22 PM
Transport Canada explicitly accept the "FAA Approved" notation on carseats. So, no, the FAA has no authority, but the FAA Approved still matters.

Neatfreak
02-22-2008, 09:32 PM
That's a really good way of putting it, actually :)