NewMom04
02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
It's Schnoop's Deal of the Day - in Mocha = brown and pink
Get it while it's still hot.

It's $229 at Target right now.

http://www.shnoop.com/index.php

lilye13
02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Oooh tempting. Time to do some research. i debating with picking up a 2007 Aria- but haven't seen either IRL. What's the word on this one?
Thanks!

HallsofVA
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
I picked one of these up during the last sale and I love it. It does not fold as compactly as my Combi US did, and it's a bit heavier, but as far as ease of pushing and comfort features for my DD, it's wonderful.

lilye13
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
it really is tempting me..Do you mind if I ask you a few questions....
how old/ size is your daughter?
What is the deal wih the 'strap' recline system?
and could you possibly describe how it folds ...I have a Zippy.
Is it good for running errands in out of car?
thank you!
thank you!

HallsofVA
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
See the answers to your questions below.

it really is tempting me..Do you mind if I ask you a few questions....
how old/ size is your daughter?
She's 14 months now. I got this around her 1st birthday I guess. She's a light weight, but average height.

What is the deal wih the 'strap' recline system?
The seat back is supported by a strap with an adjustable anchor that you can move into multiple positions depending on how upright you want the seat to be. You can lower the seat with 1 hand, but it takes both of my hands to raise it back up. I have a Jeep Liberty stroller that has a similar feature, but I think this stroller has a better adjuster thingy.

and could you possibly describe how it folds ...I have a Zippy.
Don't know how a Zippy folds so I can't compare. To fold, there is a lever you lift up with your foot (when unfolding the stroller you step down on the same lever to lock the frame open), then the handles fold forward and down as the stroller folds up. My other stroller is a Combi UltraSavvy, which folds super compactly and this one doesn't.

Is it good for running errands in out of car?
I keep it in my car for errands, and I think it's probably better than the larger, heavier strollers, but it is heavier, slightly harder to open and close, and takes up more room than my Combi so it depends on what your priority is. The basket is larger than the one on the Combi, and it has more comfort features, including a more padded seat (even the harness lock has a padded cover) and a huge sun canopy that can even extend almost all the way to the bar. The seat itself is also larger, and the stroller is rated up to a 55-lb child and the seat is probably large enough to accommodate them. (It does include extra pads to help little ones stay put.)

thank you!
thank you!

lilye13
02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer!
I impulsively I think just ordered it. (blame it on PMS)
I figure it can go up on Craigslist worse case;>
But I am so tired of my DS 03 Zippy and since DD just turned a year but still likes sitting upright- holding onto the bar I don't think we are in the Mac or other Umbrella market yet. I have been trying to figure out which Peg would suit us best since the prices have been so great on the 07's. I just haven't liked the color choices honestly and really should get to a store to just try them out IRL.
Oh just one more question about the fold?
do you have to fold it go down to the ground or does it pull up to your hand- does that make sense?
Foldwise the Zippy is fantastic, I have even been able to open it one handed while holdng DD in the other! To close it you just pull up on the lever like thing on the cross bar in the back. Psyched about the canopy- what do yo do when it rains?
email me if you prefer.
Thanks again!

Bens Momma
02-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Cathleen-
I also have a Combi UltraSavvy that I love. This deal tempts me, just wondering if this stroller is compatable with the Graco infant seats? Our Combi had the "Perfect Match" system with the bar that you could snap in so that it became a travel system with other brand infant seats. It was an awesome feature that they don't make anymore now that Combi makes their own infant seat. Thanks for the other info in comparing the two strollers!

Momma to 2 DS

HallsofVA
02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't know if the baby planet stroller takes car seats. We were already past that stage when I bought this one. I could dig out the manual, but you'd probably find the info on line just as quick.

I liked the Combi with my graco snugride. I used it that way with DS. My more recent usage has been for travelling through the airport, since we stick on the car seat bar, and stick the travel car seat (Scenera) in the stroller for DS to sit in while we go through the airport. That works great too!

Last time around, for DD, I bought the Combi Strolee Streak, which is a car seat carrier that's compatible with the Snugride (and others), and it has the Combi U/S compact fold, and carrying strap. It was almost tripod size when folded, and pushed like a dream. That thing was awesome!!! I was thinking about how much I loved it when I finally disassembled it and boxed it up last night. Now I just need to figure out how to sell it!

Cathleen

Cathleen-
I also have a Combi UltraSavvy that I love. This deal tempts me, just wondering if this stroller is compatable with the Graco infant seats? Our Combi had the "Perfect Match" system with the bar that you could snap in so that it became a travel system with other brand infant seats. It was an awesome feature that they don't make anymore now that Combi makes their own infant seat. Thanks for the other info in comparing the two strollers!

Momma to 2 DS