PDA

View Full Version : When is this stupid, friggin, winter going to end?

gatorsmom
02-11-2008, 10:59 PM
I think today I hit a wall. I have never felt this exhausted and out of energy before. I am just a milk machine. I want to start trying to lose 30 pounds but there is no point as long as I'm nursing. I just don't lose weight while I'm bfing. And I can't go outside- literally. It has been below zero for an eternity now. And the crying!!! Just when I put one baby down to nap the other starts to cry. And I am worried about how hard it is going to be getting the babies to sleep in their cribs now that I have them nap and sleep in their swings. But how can I put babies down to nap that have reflux? In the past I had no problem getting my babies to learn to fall asleep on their own but I can't let a baby with reflux CIO in his crib. So, sleeping in the swings is my solution but I know darned well how hard it will be to get them to sleep in their cribs eventually. sigh. I have things to do but I can't get on the phone when a baby is crying.

Did you ever feel like your life was just slowing coming to a gradual stop? The light at the end of the tunnel seems soooo far away.....

thanks for listening.

tiapam
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I have only one 3YO at home and am only carrying one baby and I am soooo tired of this winter. Previously, winter never bothered me that much and since DD came I felt like I didn't really feel the cold, because I was too busy making sure she wasn't cold. Until now. This is the worst winter in a long time. If I were you, I would probably be in the asylum by now. Or on meds.

I think the light at the end of the tunnel is about 18 years away. It will be here before you know it. :) Summer will be here sooner though!

Good for you for BFing twins! I am freaking out about trying to EBF one while dealing with my DD.

HIU8
02-11-2008, 11:59 PM
When is this stupid, friggin, winter going to end?

NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elektra
02-12-2008, 01:11 AM
That just sounds like torture to me! You make me scared to have a 2nd DC!
When I had DD in the spring, I had what I would classify as some minor post partum depression. I just remember thinking, "thank God the days are getting longer, as it would have been difficult to deal with this in the winter." And I even life in California where the winters are close to non-existent by Minnesota standards I'm sure. It actually got up into the 80's here this past weekend. (You hate me, I know!) I will save the bitch I was going to post about my scaly dry hands, since it just doesn't seem right to bitch about that now. :o

chlobo
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
I know you exactly how you feel even though I only have half as many kids. Kudos to you for getting them to sleep at all. Mine won't sleep half the time - anywhere.

elephantmeg
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
not soon enough here either. Blech. And hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I really wouldn't spend any time worrying about the twins sleeping in the swing. They will hopefully outgrow their reflux before they do their swings and then crib sleeping will be a lot easier. Whatever works for now. You may have a couple rough nights later on but that's a whole heck of a lot better than every night being rough right now!

kedss
02-12-2008, 12:54 PM
Hi-

DS had a mild case of reflux when he was a few weeks old, and the thing that worked for us was to put him in his infant seat, and put it in the crib. He has always slept well in his car seat, even now that he's four.

It kept him reclined enough that he(and we) could sleep.

I wouldn't worry too much about them getting to sleep in their own cribs right now, just let them sleep where they will, and get yourself a little nap or a little peace and quiet time, when they let you-

big hugs

ShanaMama
02-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Oh Lisa. You are dealing with so much & doing so awesome! These first couple of months are the killer, especially with twins. It really does get easier with time.
My sister has twins who are turning 5 this month. I remember that first year- one long dreary blur. And I wasn't even the one nursing & waking up with them!
And really, don't beat yourself worrying about what will be with the cribs. You just gotta deal with what's going on now & cross that bridge when you come to it.

trales
02-12-2008, 01:24 PM
We are getting 10 more inches of snow today. We already have 4 feet on the ground. There is 6 inches of ice on the driveway, I can't take her out in a stroller. Go away winter.

amconwa
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Cold, cold, cold.

Snow, snow, snow.

Ice, ice, ice.

Don't want to take 6 wk old out in this weather.

I can't imagine doing this with twins in the winter.

Although I am not as experienced, I would say it makes sense to let them sleep where they sleep. No one told me the kid might not go down in the PNP, like I had planned, next to my bed. Co-sleeping since Day 1 at home!!! Ha!

It helps me to watch something funny. I remember being up late at night and dreading the midnight hours right after my son was born. I hadn't caught up on sleep at all....and Conan O'Brien was messing around in front of the cameras, pretending all sorts of things, and playing with his laser lights. I laughed so hard I thought my stitches were going to come out. Laughter is good medicine. :)

AngelaS
02-13-2008, 04:39 PM
A friend sent me this poem the other day and it pretty much sums up life here too:

WISCONSIN POEM

It's winter in Wisconsin
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Wisconsin
when the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Wisconsin
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!

tylersmama
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Move to Denver! Sure, we're supposed to get 9 inches of snow tomorrow, but it's sunny and 65 today, and it'll be sunny and back up to 50 by Friday! :p

Seriously, :hug:. I understand. Even with the nice weather we're currently having, we've had a LOT of snow this winter. It's been hard to get out of the house with DS, and I can't even imagine with A newborn, and you have two! Spring's coming, I promise!

gatorsmom
02-13-2008, 11:24 PM
I love that poem! I'm emailing it to all my IRL friends. Especially the out of town ones.

daniele_ut
02-13-2008, 11:27 PM
I'm right there with ya! DH was supposed to be home from work more than an hour ago, but thanks to yet ANOTHER winter storm he's stuck on the freeway. My 3 yo just threw the tantrum to end all tantrums in the tub of all places and I can't even pick him up since I had a c-section a week ago. I finally had to bribe him out of the tub so he didn't freeze to after he let all the water out. Thankfully dd was sleeping through this.

I honestly have no clue how you are keeping it together to nurse twins while taking care of 2 pre-schoolers. Seriously, Lisa, I am in awe of you.

Happy 2B mommy
02-14-2008, 06:47 PM
I am sick of shoveling snow. Dh shoveled TWICE this year. Then at church he's all chummy with the green committee and goes on about how snowblowers are so bad for the enviroment and it's such good exercise, blah, blah, blah....And today after I shoveled out my 85 year old father's driveway I got stuck and DD was tired and hungry and started screaming at the top of her lungs. And we are supposed to get another 6 inches tonight.

I'm cranking up the heat to 85, putting on my swimsuit, putting the white noise machine on to 'ocean waves' and makin' myself a pitcher of margaritas. And I'm NOT sharing.

I feel better now....

Kerri

purpleeyes
02-14-2008, 09:41 PM
Hey Lisa-
I feel ya on the relfux/swings. DD still sleeps in the swing (until Monday, at least, I promised DH we'd move her...) anyway, naps are a struggle b/c she's not happy in the crib, but I try to stick it out a bit. I wouldn't worry about it now, but in the future you could consider a wedge for the crib. We have one and it does elevate her a little bit, and it is safe, under the sheet, etc. We got it a babies r us for DS when he had reflux! :) Also, prevacid made a BIG difference for us, zantac didn't really work.

Also, how about (small voice) some formula? ;) If its not your thing, that is cool, but if you're thinking about it...don't let yourself feel bad for thinking/doing it! A healthy momma (mind and body) means healthy happy babies.

Good luck, I'm sending some sun vibes your way...