PDA

View Full Version : Sesame Street Ready for Action Anyone?

rachelh
02-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Has anyone been to this show?

DD is 20 months and loves music and dancing especially if it involves Elmo and Cookie Monster. I am concerned though that there will be too much talking and not enough singing/dancing for her to actually enjoy. Anyone know?

Also, does anyone have a promotional code for tickets?

Thanks!

babyready
02-12-2008, 10:28 AM
We just saw "When Elmo Grows Up." Our DD is 3 and did enjoy it but I thought she would like it more.

Anyway, our show was mostly singing/dancing and not a lot of narrative. You could tell the crowd was starting to get restless by the end of the program and the closer to bedtime, though. Overall, we enjoyed it as a family but it wasn't the big event I thought it would be, KWIM?

icunurse
02-12-2008, 11:34 AM
Is that the Super Grover one? We just took DS to see it and he loved it. I would have to guess and say that maybe 60-70% of the show is dancing/singing. The show is very bright and entertaining for the little kids, not just people standing around talking during the non-musical parts. All I can tell you is to beware the $10 Elmo balloons that they bring out just as intermission starts - every kid begs for one and, sure enough, you always see at least one on the ceiling by the end of the show.

mommy111
02-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey, we're going to the Elmo makes music show....I hope its fun, but I'm also looking at this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions etc. (like the balloon warning)