PDA

View Full Version : Always a Fun Poll: Do you Sit or Squat?

Fairy
02-12-2008, 01:46 AM
I'm a sitter. I wipe the seat down, and I sit. If it's really heinous, then I'll squat, which I get that sometimes you just gotta do. What I don't get is why, why, WHY, when people squat and get it all over the seat they can't clean up after themselves. Why?!

I did this poll a long time ago. Thought it was time for a new one :-)

Davids-Coco
02-12-2008, 02:11 AM
sit at home, squat out... sit everywhere when really preggo cuz the thighs can't handle it.

ellies mom
02-12-2008, 02:41 AM
I'm a sitter. I wipe the seat down, and I sit. If it's really heinous, then I'll squat, which I get that sometimes you just gotta do. What I don't get is why, why, WHY, when people squat and get it all over the seat they can't clean up after themselves. Why?!

I did this poll a long time ago. Thought it was time for a new one :-)

I'm a sitter. But I have to agree, if you are going to squat, that's great, but please wipe up after yourself. If you squat and don't wipe, then really you are part of the problem.

Mamma2004
02-12-2008, 08:26 AM
I was a squatter (and a very neat one at that!) until a doctor told me that by squatting, I was apparently not emptying my bladder 100%. She said we ladies think it's better to squat but we're actually doing our bodies a disservice.

True or not, it made an impression on me. Now I put down TP and sit except in the grossest of public restrooms.

Stephanie

KBecks
02-12-2008, 09:07 AM
I'm a sitter. The seat is there for a reason -- use it! I'll wipe the seat down if it looks dirty or wet, but that's not often.

Squatting is for holes in the ground.

MamaMolly
02-12-2008, 10:57 PM
I chose somethin' else'er because I usually sit unless it is really yucky then I squat.
What I don't get are the people how are clearly sitters, but feel they have to build a nest on top of the potty seat using toilet paper. Were they birds in a past life? basket weavers?
And why can't they throw it out/flush it when they are done? Why?????

Fairy
02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
A nest. That was funny. Yeah, I get it why folks would put down the teep, but I don't get why they wouldn't toss it overboard then flush.

hellokitty
02-13-2008, 12:38 AM
I chose somethin' else'er because I usually sit unless it is really yucky then I squat.
What I don't get are the people how are clearly sitters, but feel they have to build a nest on top of the potty seat using toilet paper. Were they birds in a past life? basket weavers?
And why can't they throw it out/flush it when they are done? Why?????

Ok, I will admit that I am a bird. I make the TP nest on top of the seat, BUT I always make sure it flushes down. I do however blame the squatters for leaving pee all over the place! YUCK! I think that if ppl really want to squat, they should make them use the squat toilets (like the ones in asia).

KBecks
02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
A lot of times the droplets on top of the seat are water and not pee. Thanks to powerful flushing, the toilet water can splash. Or, at least that's what I've been telling myself.

hellokitty
02-13-2008, 10:21 AM
A lot of times the droplets on top of the seat are water and not pee. Thanks to powerful flushing, the toilet water can splash. Or, at least that's what I've been telling myself.

Lol, not when the droplets are yellow! However, you are right, sometimes they are water from the toilet, which is IMO just as gross.

Fairy
02-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Interesting reports I'm hearing on germs are that your desk at work and your phone at work have more germs and bacteria than anything else -- and the bottom of your purse. Which makes alot of sense. The toilet seat, however, even public ones? Generally clean as a whistle. Still, I'm not gonna have my dinner on it.