PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Seoul, S. Korea

BillK
02-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Finally got some internet workin here. Things are going great - got to meet Ben (and his foster family) yesterday and it went great. He's amazingly cute and according to the foster mom - a "very easy" baby (he's her 12th foster child so far).

My sister and I have been walking about 10 miles a day (between subway rides - the subway in Seoul is AMAZING - so simple to use and so convenient) and have seen a lot of great things - and eaten a lot of yummy (and very different) food.

The language barrier is pretty brutal - not many folks speak very much English but I think they ALL speak more English than I do Korean (which is embarrassing) - but everyone we've met is extremely kind and willing to help. Lots of folks WANT to speak English to us and ask us to help them with it - it's really neat - they want to learn English so bad.

It's been an experience of a lifetime thus far and one I'd recommend to anyone looking for different and fun get away. The 15 hour plane ride sucked though. :)

Probably all for now - once I'm home and settled I'll try to get some pics up and such. Take care.

o_mom
02-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm so glad you are having a good trip. Can't wait to see pictures!

scoop22
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
thank you for the update.. it sounds like a great experience. can't wait to hear from you when you get home!

mama2g03
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Glad you made it safely and things are going well! Bet you can't wait to get home with your little one. Looking forward to pictures of the cutie.

Fairy
02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
Awesome! Sending lots of luck for the rest of the trip!

Puddy73
02-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the update! I hope that the rest of your trip goes well and that you are home with little Ben very soon!

Emmas Mom
02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for checking in! How exciting!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip. Sending you lots of good wishes that everything continues to go well. :)

Melanie
02-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Thank you for the update! I can't wait for us to 'meet' Ben. I hope he displays his Easy Baby personality on that 12 hour flight home.

almostamom
02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm so glad you came here to update us. I've been thinking about you and wondering if you'd met Ben yet. Enjoy your time there.

DrSally
02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Glad things are going so well and you're having such a great time there. Sounds like Ben is a sweetie. It's so nice that you can experience his culture before you take him home.

brittone2
02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Congratulations on a successful journey abroad to meet your little guy!

We can't wait to hear more about him and your trip. Safe travels, and enjoy getting to know the new addition to your family!

Marisa6826
02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
What an amazing journey. It will make such a fabulous story to tell Ben one day.

I'm glad you have your sister with you for moral support.

Enjoy your time there. I'm sure it's all a lot to take in, but it's got to be fascinating (are you keeping some sort of a journal?). Have fun! :)

-m

mommy111
02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Please post pics when you can! We're all dying to see Ben!

maestramommy
02-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi Bill! Glad your trip is going well, and that you got to meet Ben finally! :bighand:

billysmommy
02-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the update ~ it must be wonderful to finally meet Ben. Can't wait to see pics :) Hope you have an uneventful flight home