PDA

View Full Version : What's hot in fitted dipes these days?

Momof3Labs
02-12-2008, 12:43 PM
DS2 is ready for some more large diapers. DS1 wore mostly Baby Blanket pockets at this age, but they just weren't my favorite (they were pretty cheap back then, though). We love Bijou Baby so much that I may just buy those, but what else is out there in the fitted world that is easy to get? I'm not into stalking these days; it's fun but I have too many distractions!

Thanks!!

JBaxter
02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
I was just talking to Bcky2 yesterday and she was telling me about some ladies on another sewing board she is a member of that developed a pattern called FattyCakes.
She said she actually made some mediums for a friend of hers and was very happy with them.
Trim fit w/ medium rise ... there are some mommas on hyena cart using the pattern. I cant say Ive tried them but she said she liked the fit and construction.

kboyle
02-13-2008, 02:03 PM
i know that the gals on diaperswappers still :love5: Mutts. Sweetiebums & Oh, Naturel are also really stalked on HC...these are lovely & beautiful bamboo velour side snapping diapers...i have a mini custom with tasha from oh naturel and i'm so excited!

ETA: i missed "easy to get"...these aren't so easy to get, oops! as for easy to get hmmm, let me think. oh, and it seems that people are finally finding the Bijou love because her last stocking was quite stalked...people are starting to rave about them...which is funny as the BBB gals had discovered Jaime's brilliance long ago :)

Momof3Labs
02-13-2008, 02:56 PM
I should add that I don't do side-snapping dipes, which limits my options. Yes, the Bijou stocking sold out fast, but there wasn't anything there that would have worked for us anyways. I will probably try to get a custom slot with her (those used to be sooooo easy to get, sob), but was hoping for something fairly easy to get. Maybe I'll look at Cuddlebuns again?? Our SOS dipes work fairly well for DS2, but I got those back when I had more time for stalking, lol!

Oh, and regarding bamboo. I have some bamboo terry dipes from a WAHM who has since sold her business (and I can't remember who she was anyways) that have held up beautifully (I'd buy more of those if I could find her!), and one bamboo terry dipe from Bum Genius that I'm not at all impressed with. My only bamboo velour purchase lost most of its softness after a couple of washes.

I probably need to go spend some time on hyenacart (is that still the place to go for dipes?) and see what I can find! We still have a little time with the mediums but they are looking more and more like speedos every week!

o_mom
02-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Bamboozles? Not a small business, but easy to get. A friend replaced her whole stash with them and loves them.

http://www.bummis.com/en/Products/covers/Bamboozle.html

Momof3Labs
02-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Bamboozles? Not a small business, but easy to get. A friend replaced her whole stash with them and loves them.

http://www.bummis.com/en/Products/covers/Bamboozle.html

They look good, but do you know how they run? DS2 is already almost 28lbs, and they say that they go up to 35lbs. I don't want to buy any more dipes before PT'ing if I can help it, lol!

Thanks to all!!

MommyAllison
02-13-2008, 11:00 PM
I'd say Hyenacart is definitely still the place to go for dipes. There are soooooooooo many stores over there now! They've integrated the feedback system so that you can view feedback while browsing the stores. If you want to buy used, there is www.hyenacart.com/spotscorner (basically a FS board). Have fun shopping!

american_mama
02-14-2008, 11:52 PM
There is a new Cuddlebuns site, which I think is a combination of many individual sellers http://www.cuddlebunsboutique.com/. There has been some renewed attention to them lately on Diaperswappers.

On Diaperswappers, Good Mamas are hard to get but make the ladies there go CRAZY.

In my experience with her pockets and covers, Angel Dry diapers run big, so you might look at her fitteds.

Bizzy B Hive and Blueberry diapers also get something attention on Diaperswappers. Blueberry is easy to get; not sure about Bizzy B Hive. Thirsties Fab Fitteds are fleece lined, velour outers and easily available at most online diaper stores: I always seem to hear good things about them.

Momof3Labs
02-15-2008, 05:03 PM
Thanks, Karen. I was wondering about the Thirsties after seeing them on Nicki's Diapers yesterday evening but hadn't gotten around to asking yet. They sound like a decent diaper for a decent price. I'm going to check out the other ones that you suggested too.

I guess that I'm looking for the next Jamie of Bijou Baby Gear - superb dipes at a good price, and not yet on the hyena radar. Good luck, huh??

kboyle
02-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Thanks, Karen. I was wondering about the Thirsties after seeing them on Nicki's Diapers yesterday evening but hadn't gotten around to asking yet. They sound like a decent diaper for a decent price. I'm going to check out the other ones that you suggested too.

I guess that I'm looking for the next Jamie of Bijou Baby Gear - superb dipes at a good price, and not yet on the hyena radar. Good luck, huh??

if you have a heavy wetter then the thirsties fab fitteds aren't for you...well, they aren't for Ernie. max was a super light wetter and i swear could go days (well, not really) in the same diaper. ernie on the other hand is such a heavy wetter...just one teeny pee in these diapers and it was soaked. which is a shame as they fit great!

Momof3Labs
02-19-2008, 11:53 AM
I'd consider him to be a pretty light wetter these days. I still haven't pulled the trigger on anything, but the Thirsties are a top contender!