PDA

View Full Version : What would you get?

gatorsmom
02-12-2008, 01:12 PM
We need 2 extra convertible carseats for a second car. They are for my 2 older boys, Gator and Cha Cha.

Gator is 4.5 yrs old, weighs 38lbs., and is pretty short.
Cha Cha is 2.5 yrs old, weighs 34lbs. and is average height.

The carseats need to be easy to take in/out. Any suggestions? (DH asked me to ask the "experts" here. I agreed that was a good idea :) . )

JBaxter
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Radian and a nautilus may be a good combo. Nathan is in his radian65 and has ( im guessing) another year or 1 1/2 in it and at last check he was about 43 in ( 90% at his 4yr check up).
OH I forgot you have twins too so you could do 2 radians then pass them down. :)

** Julie** is the expiration dates on the radians a little longer than the britax? I thought I remember 7yrs for the radians but I dont want to post inaccurate info :0:

Joolsplus2
02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah, 7 or 8 for the Radian... depending on the manual or faq... either way, long enough for even the twins!

I'd be lovin' me some matching Nautilus if it were my situation... :loveeyes:

But the Radians are great, are definitely 'convertibles', will harness even tall kids almost as long as a Nautilus, don't become boosters, and are super narrow, which might add to their usefulness? The quality is really good on the Radian, the Nautilus is definitely Graco-esque (not bad, just not super great).

Cosco Apex are also great, very wide, and require a high headrest in the car and you probably have to order their free longer crotch strap, but you can't beat the price, and they are fine boosters later.

gatorsmom
02-12-2008, 02:44 PM
You guys are great. I"m going to check these seats out right now!! thanx again.

gatorsmom
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
are these seats easy to install? DH will probably be removing them a lot and he doesn't always have the patience to put 'em back in correctly. Especially if they don't go in easily, if ya know what I mean...sigh..