PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a new chest clip for my BV and BV height problems

Mizzum2
02-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Hi,

I am an occasional poster here- I forgot my password and had to register again as I have a new email account too argh.

Anyway, my 3.5 yr old twin boys are FF in BV's and on one of them the chest clip is opening with only a tug. I called Britax who want $8.50 shipping for a $3 part. I know my ds's safety comes first, but when I did a search on this board I found that chest clips are supposed to come apart in an accident.So that made me wonder if I need a new one when it is supposed to come apart anyway.

I am also having a bit of trouble with the "slot" height (although the BV doesn't really have slots). One of my twins is 41.5" tall. When I have the shoulder straps at or just above his shoulder height, the headrest part of the BV is too low.When I adjust the height of that so it protects his head, then the shoulder harness is more than just above his shoulders. Any ideas??

Thanks for your help.

Mizzum

o_mom
02-13-2008, 09:38 AM
I would call Britax again and present it as "My BV chest clip is broken". It would surprise me actually if they didn't replace the clip for free.

I think you should use the chest clip if possible. It is a reminder to the boys that they can't take their arms out, and does help keep the harness in the right place on their shoulders.

On the height issue... As long as the straps are at or above the shoulders, I think you are fine adjusting it up a little bit. You don't want the straps coming out up by their ears or anything, but comfortable. As long as the tops of their ears are below the top of the headrest, it will protect the head. It is OK if the top of the head is slightly over the top of shell when forward facing.

Mizzum2
02-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi,
Thanks for replying. I will call Britax again.

Mizzum