PDA

View Full Version : I think we have finally started potty training

HIU8
02-12-2008, 05:11 PM
DS woke up this morning and said he wanted to try going on the potty. He is very into Thomas and we had told him that he could have a new train after he learns to use the potty. Anyway, I decided since we are not going anywhere today to do naked potty training. This morning DS threw a fit and asked to have a diaper in which he peed and pooped. A few hours later (after I said we would get dressed because I thought this may be to much for him) he peed in the potty. Two hours later he did it again.

Now what? DS is 3 yrs and 3 months. Do I ditch diapers and go right to pull ups during the day? Do I continue with diapers or is that confusing for DS? At night we will still use overnights.

Thanks,

ThreeofUs
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
After see-sawing back and forth between using only potty and screaming at sight of said potty, we finally went diaperless cold turkey. It was painful for about 3 weeks, as DS is pretty stubborn, but worked much better for us in the end.

Good luck!

KrisM
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
I'd keep using them overnight, but I wouldn't use pullups during the day. They are still diapers and he won't feel wet or anything in them. I'd either do underwear or naked until he has it down.

HIU8
02-12-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't think they will allow underwear at preschool until he does have it down. I think my only option is pull ups at preschool. I have to find out when I take DS tomorrow.

KrisM
02-13-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't think they will allow underwear at preschool until he does have it down. I think my only option is pull ups at preschool. I have to find out when I take DS tomorrow.

Well sure, but then limit it to then. Take them off when he gets home from school.

HIU8
02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
DS actually asked me to take it off when we got home. He wanted just his shirt and new underwear on. He accidentally pooped in his underwear then waited about an hour and peed in the potty. So, he is willing and able and I'm ecstatic.