PDA

View Full Version : Another travel seat question

Maliasmom
02-12-2008, 06:35 PM
I've been combing through previous posts and am still looking for more opinions.

I have an almost 4 year old and a 7 month old and am taking a trip next month. I've been using a scenera with my 4yr old, but she's getting close to the weight limit (she's now 38lbs and about 39" tall). My infant is just on the verge of outgrowing her snugride, so I'm planning to put her in the scenera for our upcoming trip.
What should I use for my 4 year old. Her primary seat is a Marathon, but I would prefer not to have to lug a seat this heavy in addition to the scenera. We've been happy with the scenera, but am reluctant to buy another one since this will probably be the last trip that she'll fit in it. I'm looking for a lightweight seat that will be used for travel (a couple of week long trips to see the grandparents) and an occasional ride in DH's car. The seat doesn't necessarily need to be used on the plane. (She's a seat kicker and I don't normally carry-on a seat for her. I know... bad mom...)

Any suggestions? TIA!

o_mom
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
nak - Safeguard Go? New ones are supposed to be nicer, but not sure if they are out.

kjwo6
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
In regards to traveling -- has the Scenera been a good seat for traveling with and infant/toddler? We need something other than our Marathon for a one year old.

bensmom
02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Safeguard Go? (must have top tether, works better with LATCH than seatbelts).

I take one for my just turned 4 year old (42 inches, 40 pounds) and a scenera for my almost 2 year old and have for the last year.

I agree on the Safeseat though if it's an option.