PDA

View Full Version : Bored? See How well do you know your world.

Fairy
02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Geography. Think you've got this one wrapped up? So did I. The first time I only got to level 3. I said, I'm not this stupid! But turns out there are alot of places I haven't had to remember since, literally, Junior year in HS. Now, I consistently hang out at Level 8. Took me forever to get out of Level 8. I've made it to Level 10 one time. These are brutal. Have fun. It's addictive. Sorry in advance.

http://www.minijuegosgratis.com/juegos/hwdykyworld/hwdykyworld.html?a456=c6ba

heatherlynn
02-12-2008, 11:46 PM
Ok, that is way cool! I got to level 6 on my first try. I'm so proud of myself! Yes, I am a dork.

tylersmama
02-13-2008, 12:19 AM
My sister sent me that link a few months ago. I wasted SO MUCH of my life on it...I was so pissed that I couldn't get past level 8 or 9 for the longest time! :hysterical:

kristenk
02-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I actually made it to level 10 the first time I tried. I'm stunned.:47:

I'll see how I do tomorrow! I'm guessing that I won't be able to make it past level 8 or so.

ThreeofUs
02-13-2008, 01:43 AM
*sigh* Only level 6. I feel like I can't see the map well enough, and I blew huge distances on islands....

Great game, thanks!

bisous
02-13-2008, 02:44 AM
I'm loving this quiz BUT I just can't get past level 11. I've done it 5 times and passed through level 10 each time but I always get caught up in my cities in Russia, China, Australia and Indonesia. Anyone got any hints to help me pass? Once I was only short less than 500 points!!! I keep thinking that if I am fast enough on the ones that I do know that I can eke by with my random guesses but it isn't working...

momtoonegirl
02-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Got to level 7 with second try. I'm going to quit while I'm ahead....

julieakc
02-13-2008, 03:57 AM
Ugh - I got to level 4, and would have at least gotten to level 5 except for in my desire to be fast I made a couple of really bad mistakes that I atually shouldn't have. :32:

Melanie
02-13-2008, 04:03 AM
Well that was humbling. I was happy when I at least got the country right. Level 5, though.

KrisM
02-13-2008, 09:45 AM
I just missed getting to level 7. Will try again later. Fun!

Fairy
02-13-2008, 11:42 AM
I've tried being really really quick to get points that way, but it doesn't seem worth it. I rarely get more than 5k points, tho a couple times I've gotten 6k. My record in distance from target is 14km, which was impressive! If only i did that on purpose ...

MontrealMum
02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
I got to level 10 but was WAY off at that point! Apparently I am quite ignorant about South America. Why was it easier for me to pinpoint Estonia than Toronto? That map needs to be bigger. And it would help if all those tiny islands were actually represented by something instead of having to click on open water. Ahhh ... another way to waste a little time - very addictive! And I learned something ... Brunei is not part of the Middle East :)

ilfaith
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
I got to level siz. Maybe I'd do better if I was wearing my glasses and playing on my larger monitor instead of my small screened laptop.

And if I learned the locations of African countries between Egypt and South Africa. (I was close on the Great Pyramid and Cape Town...but way off on Uganda and Liberia).

Fairy
02-14-2008, 12:19 AM
I got to level 10 but was WAY off at that point! Apparently I am quite ignorant about South America. Why was it easier for me to pinpoint Estonia than Toronto? That map needs to be bigger. And it would help if all those tiny islands were actually represented by something instead of having to click on open water. Ahhh ... another way to waste a little time - very addictive! And I learned something ... Brunei is not part of the Middle East :)

Word.

bubbaray
02-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Level 10 first try. Africa and South Asia are freakin' HARD. I can't even pronounce the names, let alone remember HS Geography that was many decades ago....

Yeah, the map needs to be bigger.

shilo
02-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Why was it easier for me to pinpoint Estonia than Toronto?
that. exactly. out of all the places on our planet it seems i'm most ignorant on is canada? CANADA? are you kidding me? ok, off to study a map of our neighbor to the north to see if i can break thru 10.

lori

kozachka
02-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Got to level 10 but I've played it before on TripAdvisor. My travel IQ is 109 this time (and I can't even save it G-R-R), better than before. This site has better map than TripAdvisor. Also, I think there is an option to do by a region but than questions are more difficult IMO.

I need to get better at S. American and African geography.

ETA: You guys got me hooked. After wasting a bit of time I got to level 12 today! Yeah!

Fairy
02-15-2008, 03:30 AM
that. exactly. out of all the places on our planet it seems i'm most ignorant on is canada? CANADA? are you kidding me? ok, off to study a map of our neighbor to the north to see if i can break thru 10.

lori

Lori! Nice to see you :-)

shilo
02-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Lori! Nice to see you :-)

good to see you too hill. glad your sassy self has weathered all the hoopla of the last 6 months.

lori

Fairy
02-16-2008, 12:10 AM
good to see you too hill. glad your sassy self has weathered all the hoopla of the last 6 months.

lori

Me say again. WORD.