PDA

View Full Version : help me stalk the marathon deals!!

kochh2
02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
care to join me?? I'm in the market for 2 new marathons, so i figured we should stalk em together!! I'm not too picky about what cover we'll get, but i do have some i prefer over others.... the sale is coming soon, so i wanted to start a thread in anticipation!!
the best prices i've found are at travellingtikes.com with free ship, most are $219.

maybe the BIG britax sale will be even better????

Joolsplus2
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
11 days to go...can you wait that long? :D

MommyAllison
02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Ooh I am happy to see this thread. :) A friend asked me today about Britax seats since her 11 month old is getting big and they are ready to go up from their SafeSeat. I told her there was the big sale coming soon, but couldn't remember what day it started. So is it the 24th? I told her I'd try to find her some websites that were likely to have sales - is the sale price fixed by Britax or will she need to shop around on that day?

I have to say that I am tempted to get a seat for DS who isn't even due til April! But I know by the time we're ready to move him up to a convertible, there will probably be new cool seats to choose from, and I don't want to lose that many months off the expiration date (plus, I have nowhere to store the huge box!). It's just so hard to pass up a deal! ;)

The Review Mommy
02-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Can you tell us the details please? Where can we get the prices at and how low are they going to go? This is the first I've heard about it.

Joolsplus2
02-14-2008, 12:27 PM
I really don't know any details, just that Britax has to authorize a sale, and it's going to be starting 2/24, probably at most of their retailers (???). They authorize another sale in fall, so if you don't need a seat for 6 months, it'll happen again :)

801kelle
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
care to join me?? I'm in the market for 2 new marathons, so i figured we should stalk em together!! I'm not too picky about what cover we'll get, but i do have some i prefer over others.... the sale is coming soon, so i wanted to start a thread in anticipation!!
the best prices i've found are at travellingtikes.com with free ship, most are $219.

maybe the BIG britax sale will be even better????

$219:

http://www.albeebaby.com/

www.travelingtikes.com

$229:

www.bestbuybaby.com

Other sites that have Marathons:

www.BabyUniverse.com/Britax

www.babyage.com

www.elitecarseats.com

www.TinyRide.com/Britax-Marathon

http://littlefolks.stores.yahoo.net/index-britax.html?gclid=CNOOxLSVxJECFQINPAoduQOFCQ

www.BabiesRUs.com

http://www.whatshebuys.com/bri-marathon.html?gclid=CPaRmpmVxJECFQU_PAod8CsGDQ

kochh2
02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
this is good.... keep em coming!!

codex57
02-15-2008, 03:23 AM
Can someone explain this sale? Is it from the Britax website, or just that any authorized dealer can start discounting their Britaxes on Feb. 24?

Thanks, Jules, for letting us know about the Fall sale. Any approximate idea of when that is? We're considering getting a second convertible seat since having two bases for the Snugride has been soooo convenient. DS is only 4 months so he prolly won't need a convertible until Fall at least. Hard to say since he gained 1 pound this past week. He keeps it up and he'll be in a convertible in a couple of months.

801kelle
02-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Can someone explain this sale? Is it from the Britax website, or just that any authorized dealer can start discounting their Britaxes on Feb. 24?

Thanks, Jules, for letting us know about the Fall sale. Any approximate idea of when that is? We're considering getting a second convertible seat since having two bases for the Snugride has been soooo convenient. DS is only 4 months so he prolly won't need a convertible until Fall at least. Hard to say since he gained 1 pound this past week. He keeps it up and he'll be in a convertible in a couple of months.

Yes authorized dealers..if you find a good deal on one with the cover you like I would just pick it up now if you can.

kochh2
02-16-2008, 04:25 PM
i think you mean "now" as in during this sale, right?? not Now as in before the sale starts!!!

EXPECTINGMAY
02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Do BRU & buybuy baby participate in this sale?

Thanks,
EXPECTINGMAY.

kochh2
02-23-2008, 05:11 PM
the sale starts tomorrow!! let the games begin!!

Joolsplus2
02-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Started in a few places yesterday (crazy!) babyage, babycatalog, and right start seem good... elitecarseats is not so hot... :)

kochh2
02-23-2008, 06:09 PM
yep! ordered 2 marathons for 209 each from babycatalog, plus got 10% off order with baby membership.... saved another 20 or so.. though it didn't show up, so i have to contact them on monday... i wanted to order early so i got our first choices!! :) good deal!!!

StrawberryGirl
02-24-2008, 12:21 PM
I just got my Marathon this morning for $201. I got it from Baby Age, through Amazon. For some reason their prices through Amazon are a bit cheaper than on their site. (Just look for the Marathon from Amazon, then on the right they'll give you other buying options). Still no tax, free shipping. hth!

kochh2
02-24-2008, 12:28 PM
bump!!! happy shopping!!

KrisM
02-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Our Internet was out for a few days and I'm behind!

I just wanted to add don't forget about Ebates and BigCrumbs when you buy! Baby Age is 3% at Ebates, so $6.30 off the Marathon. Not a lot, but it will add up!

elektra
02-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Amazon.com has Marathon's for $195 and Boulevards for $225 as of earlier this afternoon.