PDA

View Full Version : ds still limping

scoop22
02-13-2008, 04:22 PM
while waiting for my last of many appointments yesterday ds was playing in the waiting room. he was doing the normal boy thing running back and forth between chairs. no one else was there so we let him do this. he was playing ring around the rosey by himself and he went to turn and his knee didn't go with him. he fell down and cried. i was sitting right there and told him to come see me. he did but with a limp. he stopped crying and as soon as i held him he wanted down. he couldn't even stand on it. dh checked him out. no crying. ds said it didn't hurt. so we let him down. he went to run and he fell. dh took him for a walk while holding his hand and he did ok. but to walk or run alone was very hard. again he said it didn't hurt. by the time my appointment ended ds was doing better but still limping. we got home and he ran/jumped like normal. no limping..

today.. i called the doctor and they said if he is still limping after the weekend we should make an appointment. it could take time. ds is an emt and he doesn't think i need to worry to much but today the limp is still there. there is no swelling.

HOW DO I DEAL WITH THIS????? i feel so bad for him. can you tell we haven't had many injuries..thank goodness i am off today but he goes back to the babysitter as soon as the weather clears.

any suggestions to get a 2 1/2 boy to take it easy??

thanks everyone for listening...i am a mess:crying:

Marisa6826
02-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Have you tried giving him some Tylenol or Motrin to reduce any inflammation? You can also give him some ice (we have an official 'owie kitty' ice pack) to make it feel better.

He may have sprained it a little bit.

Honestly, it's the first of many, many, MANY injuries to come. ;)

He'll be OK.

Deep breaths for both of you!

-m

bubbaray
02-14-2008, 12:48 AM
The good news is that little kids are like a self-limiting circuit. If it hurts bad enough, you don't have to *do* anything, they stop doing what hurts, KWIM?

I think its harder on the moms than the kiddos themselves most of the time. No one wants to see their little one in pain!

Hope he's better soon!

bubbaray
02-14-2008, 12:50 AM
we have an official 'owie kitty' ice pack

Hey, so do we. Is yours pink?

http://shop.advanceweb.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=305