PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Gifts for your DH and/or children?

bubbaray
02-13-2008, 06:39 PM
What's everyone getting their DH/partner and/or child(ren) for Valentine's Day?

I got DH a CD (Jessie Farrell -- he loves to dance with the girls to the songs on this CD). I got DD#1 the LeapFrog Talking Words DVD. I have to get DD#2 a book of somesort today.

I guess I should get them some chocolate....

What are you doing??

new_mommy25
02-13-2008, 07:37 PM
DD is getting a toy Beco and a Karen Katz valentine book.

DS is getting Trouble (board game) and a Little Critter valentine book.

Dh is getting nothing so far. :oops: He doesn't really care anyway.

BeachBum
02-13-2008, 07:40 PM
DS got a box of conversation hearts and a book. Then I picked up a teapot and cup for him and justified it by saying it was a V-Day gift.
DH got nothing....not in a mean way, but in a he doesn't care way and we just took a vacation and he wasn't supposed to get anything for me either. I will probably write him a card though.

niccig
02-13-2008, 07:50 PM
We normally just go out for a nice meal. But this year, I know DH has something special planned as it's also our 5th year anniversary and he said the presents are combined - my wedding ring has been with our jeweler friend for 4 weeks to be cleaned, so I'm very suspicious. So, my present to him will be a weekend away later in the year, when MIL can come look after DS - it's also a combined Anniversary/valentine's gift.

DS - we got a bundle of stuff at school today, so I hadn't picked up anything else...mmmm. may have to make a run to the book store.

lizajane
02-13-2008, 08:07 PM
nuttin' honey.

but seriously.

i colored the kids each a valentine while subbing at our preschool. they will get plenty of candy from school (and cupcakes and pizza...)

DH and i don't "do" valentines. i asked him if we could have thai food after they go to bed and watch a movie (on TV with out ti-faux.) he was THRILLED. i may buy myself some roses when they are on sale just 'cause i think they will look pretty in the house. but not because i need DH to buy me anything. just because they are so very available right now!

luvmypeanut
02-13-2008, 09:50 PM
We don't ever celebrate Valentine's Day because DH says every day should be a day to celebrate our love. Right, but could celebrate your love for me with some flowers? Anyway - this year we have a friend and his girlfriend staying with us and all the restaurants are booked so I'm making dinner. I got us all Police tickets for Saturday so I guess that would qualify as DH's gift. I'm going to get DD some pink roses because all she ever wants are pink flowers. Maybe a Thomas balloon for DS.

Oregonmother
02-14-2008, 02:27 AM
DH a new golf driver at his request, card and we will be going out to dinner without the kids.

DS a pirate sword and balsa wood airplane.

DD a Valentine edition Barbie. It's her 1st Barbie, and I always thought I'd never allow my kids to have Barbie's but she loved it at the store the other day.... plus it was 50% off and I remember loving Barbie's as a kid.

I asked DH for a digital picture frame.

jhrabosk
02-14-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm sort of a Valentine Grinch...I've always felt it's a Hallmark holiday.

That said, I couldn't resist buying stuff for DD and dressing her up in pink today. :) She got cards and the Karen Katz "Where is Baby's Valentine" (which is a little young for her, but she loved it) and a little rubber stamp set. And we picked out a Valentine t-shirt at Target last week, which she's wearing today.

DH got a card. We both just bought iPhones, so we're kinda broke. :p Since DD's born, we have a little special dinner and champagne after she goes to bed, but now we much prefer eating with her. So, we've planned a "fun" dinner for all of us and I think I'll talk to him later about picking up a little special dessert treat.

maestramommy
02-14-2008, 11:43 AM
I got Dh a funny card, and a little box of chocolates. I am hoping to take the girls and surprise him at the office, but it's raining:32:Hopefully it stops by mid morning because I have a very important errand as well.

lisams
02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
DH - a box of Belgum chocolates and a little something from VS (technically for me but more for him IYKWIM!)

DS red roses - he LOVES flowers and I figured I'd enjoy them too! All day he's been smiling at them, it's so cute! I also got him a couple sand toys for outside.

DD small heart box of chocolates, some V-day stickers and a small stuffed puppy

I got some sparkling apple cider for all of us for dinner tonight, DD calls it bubbly juice. She thinks it's fun to get out the fancy glasses!

Wife_and_mommy
02-14-2008, 01:59 PM
I bought the kids each a squooshy soccer ball and a little lion/dinosaur(Target finds,lol) and some raspberry licorice hearts.

I'm getting dh this: http://tinyurl.com/276r3e

I'm getting a new dresser for our bedroom.

LarsMal
02-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Pretty much nothing! We both kind of forgot Valentine's Day was this week, which is totally fine with both of us. DS (and DD) made him a card, so I made him one, too, with constuction paper, crayons, and stickers!!!

DH asked me what I wanted and I told him all I want is for him to come home early tonight, and pick dinner up on his way home. After our morning, though, I might tell him to come home so *I* can go pick up dinner and get away from the DCs for a few minutes!

The kids didn't get anything! Oh well, they don't need anything, and have no clue anyway. We're not big on V-Day around here!

sarahsthreads
02-14-2008, 02:43 PM
I got DD a couple of small paperback books (love/friendship themed), some bubbles (yeah, it's freezing here, but I read somewhere that you can blow them outside in the cold and they'll freeze) and some stickers. Although now I'm regretting not getting her flowers because she would have adored that - maybe I'll ask DH to pick some up on his way home...

DH is getting a card and a small package of Dove dark chocolates. He already gave me my gift: a registration code for a game called Bejeweled. So he could say he got me jewels for Valentine's Day. :D

I couldn't believe the haul DD got from pre-school today. Seriously, when they sent home a note saying the kids could exchange cards, we just did cards. Almost everyone else gave out candy, pencils, tatoos, etc. I hope DD didn't feel badly that she only had cards to give out. :(

Sarah

bnme
02-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I couldn't believe the haul DD got from pre-school today. Seriously, when they sent home a note saying the kids could exchange cards, we just did cards. Almost everyone else gave out candy, pencils, tatoos, etc. I hope DD didn't feel badly that she only had cards to give out. :(

Sarah

Things are the same at my preschool -it's getting ridiculous. It seems for every little holiday people are giving out goodie bag stuff! I know what you mean about worrying if the kids feel badly. At the last second I threw in tatoos we had because I had a feeling. My 3yo wouldn't have noticed. But my 4 yo would for sure. I think if they want to do goodie bags they should add that to the sign-up sheet so Mom's can contribute to one small goodie bag from everyone. I wonder what kindy will bring. I hope I don't have to do this for 25 kids!

SnuggleBuggles
02-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Nothing for dh, we don't celebrate v-day.

For ds1 I bought a cute cupcake and made him a card. My mom gave him a card and $5. Ds2? Nada. :)

I did buy some good food at Whole Foods for dinner tonight (some almond crusted chicken breast stuffed with figs and brie). I wouldn't normally do that. I resisted the urge to go to the fancy chocolate store and buy something for dh. I like buying him stuff.

Boring, I know.

Beth

Happy 2B mommy
02-14-2008, 04:42 PM
DD is getting 2 books, she's only 15 months so she really doesn't care.

DH is getting a card that DD and I made, a package of Reese's Peanut butter Hearts and an iPod (which is really his B-day present, but he begged for it earlier so he can take it on a business trip at the end of this month).

Kerri

Bean606
02-14-2008, 04:50 PM
Dh got a GPS system (sort of a continuation from Christmas), and some chocolate strawberries with a card.

DS got a card and a cookie.

I got cards and flowers.

DH and I were supposed to order in a nice dinner after DS was asleep tonight, BUT, DS was up from 2:30 a.m. until 5 a.m. this morning, and then we had to get up for work, so it looks like we'll be eating pizza the minute we get home and then going right to sleep! So much for our romantic evening.

egoldber
02-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Normally we do nothing for VDay as I also feel its a Hallmark holiday. HOWEVER, last year a friend told me that her parents always sent her a Valentine and that it made up for many years of her getting nothing from anyone else. That really made an impression on me.

So this year, I handmade Sarah a Valentine and got her a Lil Kinz Webkinz and some flowers from Trader Joe.

I got DH some Toblerone which has some significance in our history LOL!

She handmade Valentines for her class and (since I learned my lesson last year) also included a lollipop.

MelissaTC
02-14-2008, 06:56 PM
DH and I went out for brunch this morning. I also have a reese's pb large chocolate heart for him. He is going to love that.

For DS, I bought him a card and a Turtle Webkinz. He has gotten a ton of candy and junk from relatives and school.

TahliasMom
02-15-2008, 01:37 AM
well last night for dd's preschool we baked a heart shape pumpkin bread for the kids and a heart shape brownie for the teachers. the kids make vday cards all month long so we dont have to worry over vdays. i got lots of artwork cards all month.
in the am, i made dd heart shape french toast with cookie cutters. i also made her a big sparkling card with faeries and an ABC wooden puzzle and SIGGs bottle.
For my bf I just got him a card, he had tulips delivered to my work. :) No gifts, as we're going to take a trip this weekend either to wine country or the coast as dd is with her dad.