PDA

View Full Version : IKEA - shopping online/by phone?

Babywhite
02-14-2008, 01:19 AM
People are always talking about items from IKEA. Unfortunately, we don't have one anywhere close! Can you order by phone or online with this store?

TIA

mommy111
02-14-2008, 04:01 AM
Yes, go online at ikea.com and they have an online system as well as phone ordering, but I've never done either so I don't know what the shipping costs are like.

Neatfreak
02-14-2008, 06:50 AM
I may have been dreaming, but I thought that many of the items available in the catalog were not necessarily availabe for online ordering. Or maybe that's just in Canada, where I normally shop at Ikea :)

kep
02-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Ikea shipping is through the roof. It's often more than the cost of the actual item that is being bought. We have a couple of Ikea's near us, and while their products are okay quality, (nothing that you would pass down to your kids), it isn't anything I would pay to have shipped.

Mommy Of A Little Angel
02-14-2008, 10:58 AM
Watch out because it can be a big pain in the butt. I ordered a coffee table online before they put an Ikea here and they had to send me THREE because each time it was damaged. The first time, it was probably UPS' fault. The second and third time, the outer packaging was fine, but the table was still damaged. They hadn't bothered to look at it before they packaged it up to ship. (It was obvious, the inner box was torn up - they HAD to have seen it!) It was a $40 and they honestly spent more money on shipping it back and forth it wasn't worth it. They let me keep the last damaged one and eventually gave me my money back. It was a two month hassle. If it's something small, maybe, but for big stuff, never again!

kransden
02-14-2008, 05:52 PM
I live close to an IKEA. The joy of IKEA is the low price. If you need inexpensive stuff like the child plastic table and chair sets to ship sure. Everything else, I don't think it would be worth the shipping costs. Dd has tons of their stuff, but almost all of it I could have found a local substitute for a little bit more.