PDA

View Full Version : So bummed! Radian doesn't fit.

KrisM
02-14-2008, 10:36 AM
I finally had a chance to try to install the Radian between the two BVs. No go. Not even close. I can't even install the RN FF next to one BV. The wide part of the BV completely interfers with the back of the RN and pushes it over.

So, I can order one more RN and try 1 RFing and 1 FFing next to each other. I suspect that is fine. But, if I can't fit a BV, what are the odds of fitting a Baby Trend Latch Loc next to it the RN? I really want an Infant Seat for the baby and could get another if there is a narrower one. Any ideas?

If I can't make it work, I have to get a bigger car and that is just not what we want right now! :(.

Joolsplus2
02-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Did you try the BV with the seatbelt instead of LATCH? That would make it move outward toward the door that last critical inch, maybe? Baby Trend or Combi Centre might work?

KrisM
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Did you try the BV with the seatbelt instead of LATCH? That would make it move outward toward the door that last critical inch, maybe? Baby Trend or Combi Centre might work?

I didn't try that. I'll give it a try later today, if I have a chance. It might move it a bit, but not a lot, just by looking at the locations.

Joolsplus2
02-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Oh, good luck, I'm so rooting for this to work for you somehow...want me to come visit and we can play? :loveeyes:

(and ok, someone needs to come out with the '3Across' line of carseats that all fit together :ROTFLMAO: )

KrisM
02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh, good luck, I'm so rooting for this to work for you somehow...want me to come visit and we can play? :loveeyes:

(and ok, someone needs to come out with the '3Across' line of carseats that all fit together :ROTFLMAO: )

You are welcome to come and make it fit!

Aren't you in CA? You might not like the weather here. I hadn't tried to install it because it was too cold to work outside. It's up to 14 now and not too bad in the garage :).

Joolsplus2
02-14-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm in Virginia now, which is almost as warm as California...I'll wear my long johns when I come see you, lol :)

KrisM
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Oh, sounds good. Shorter trip from VA, too.

DD decided to nap in the carseat, so I'll have to wait to try it out. Don't worry - she has a hat and a blanket on and is toasty out there :).

KrisM
03-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Okay, I finally had some time to try again today.

First, I can not get it tight with a seatbelt, whatever I try. But, I got it as tight as I could and tried to put DD's BV next to it with the belt and it still doesn't quite fit. It pushes the BV out too much and it hits the door :).

But, it does look like the BV will barely fit when she's FFing. She's 29lbs now, and I'm guessing she'll be FFing right around when #3 comes in July.

I'm now thinking I'll make an appointment with a Tech and bring everything we have :). I have 2 BVs, the RN, an infant seat and a Scenara. I'm wondering if the Scenara would fit better RFing than the BV. It's at work with DH now though.

It worries me that I can't get the RN with a belt. I hope a Tech can teach me how to do it. We do occassionally drop DS off with someone and he'd need a seat. I suppose we could drop off a BV and let DD ride in the RN.