PDA

View Full Version : 3 in a Honda Pilot

GirlsforShannon
02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
TIA for your help. I have three children: my oldest daughter will be 4 years in May she weighs 38 lbs and is 41”. I also have twin daughters who are 7 months- they are 26” and 15 lbs. I drive a Honda Pilot and currently have all the 3 of them across the middle row in a MA (DOM 3/05) and two Snugrides (the newer version that go to 29”.) My husband has a MA (DOM: 12/03) in his car, too.

My questions are:
1. What would you recommend for the twins when they outgrow their Snugrides? Should I put them in the Marathons we own and get something new for my oldest? If yes, is there a seat that will allow for all 3 to stay in the middle row and how should they be arranged?
2. Or should I buy the babies new Marathons? Will 3 Marathons fit across the Pilot middle seat? Or is their another carseat that you’d recommend?
3. Also a friend just gave me a RA (DOM 6/04)- How might I use this in the above situation if at all?

Thanks so much for your help.

Joolsplus2
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Oooh, free roundabout...score! I know a mom who had either two roundabouts and a marathon, or two marathons and a roundabout (I forget which) easily in her Pilot, so there's hope :). Unfortunately, I don't remember the exact setup she had. Hopefully someone else has something like this and can chime in? But otherwise, you might just have to roll your sleeves up and try them out and see what works. I *think* it'll be even easier than getting an MA and two snugrides in there, or at least as easy.:)

Kindra178
03-17-2008, 10:15 AM
How about two safe seats and Boulevard? I could use the Roundabout too. We may get a minivan too, but we want to see if we can use the Pilot? Also, how would it work logistically? I will have twins and a rear facing 2 year old (who is 30 pounds now and there is chance may be pushing the weight limit by fall). Is it impossible to get in there and secure everyone? Also, how about for a taller driver? Thanks.