PDA

View Full Version : Select Leapster Games Cheap at Kmart

MMMommy
02-14-2008, 03:40 PM
I went to Kmart today, and they were having additional 20% off all clearance items. Those clearance prices (with additional 20% off) plus the $4 off Leapster coupon provided by a prior poster, resulted in great prices.

Here is a link to the prior thread with the $4 off coupon--

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=285754&highlight=leapster

I happened to get a nice cashier who took 30% off instead of 20%, and this is what I got (including the additional 30% off AND the $4 coupon off of each game). So please note that my prices below reflect the additional 30% off and not the 20% off that it should have been):

L-Max Spongebob Squarepants Game - $6.50
Leapster Scooby Doo Spooky Snacks - $3.00
Leapster Letterpillar - $3.70
Leapster Number Raiders - $3.70
Leapster Dora Arcade - $2.30

Not sure if the prices and "additional off" is nationwide or store specific, but thought I'd mention the deal. L-Max Letters On the Loose and Leapster NASCAR were also on clearance. More current, popular titles were not on sale. Thomas, Backyardigans, Cars, Princess, were NOT on clearance.

Also, if you can find it, the blue L-Max system is on clearance at Kmart. I picked one up last week on clearance for $53. So if you can find it, it should be 20% off of $53, which is a super deal!

Loretta1234
02-15-2008, 09:09 AM
To make the deal even sweeter- How about a coupon? $4 off any Leapster game, exp 4/30.

http://www.leapfrog.com/etc/medialib/leapfrog/sweepstakes.Par.22223.File.tmp/CS8138MP_LS_online_Coupon_d1_ol.pdf?siteID=lw9MynS eamY-slFWKW6runBqEi6m4T5aBA

MMMommy
02-15-2008, 12:51 PM
I mentioned the $4 off coupon in my original post, but it might have been hard to detect b/c of my always too wordy post! :)

gatorruth
02-15-2008, 03:30 PM
My Da#& Kmart would only let me use one coupon (I had 8 with me). UGH. That said, they did have an amazing amount of great toys on clearance- extra 20% off thru Monday. (I'm in Atlanta). Don't tell DH but I spent $160... the cart was full... Some examples from my register receipt:

Little People Circus reg. $26.XX my cost 12.80 (this will be DD's 2nd bday gift!)
small Lego set (bionicles??) 19.99 sale 6.40
Big lego set (star wars) 30.XX sale 15.20
lower case leapfrog letters for fridge don't remember full price but mine were 4.00
the best deal was Hullabaloo for the DVD (ocean theme) Reg 26.XX my pirce $2.00!!
Fuzzy pumper barber shop (play dough) 1.60!

leapster stuff: final cost (and I only got $4 off one)
arcade scooby doo 8.00
lmax nascar 14.40
arcade dora 8.00
madagascar 12.80
another title (I forget which one) 14.40

I've got b'days and hanukkah covered, right??

monker
02-15-2008, 04:53 PM
I picked up the following:
Scooby Doo Scooby Snacks - $5.74
Number Raiders - $7.00
Numbers on the Run - $6.00

No extra 20% off but I was able to use three coupons. Great deals!!!!!!!

Hannah
DD 7/03
DS 3/05

mom2one
02-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Are all Kmarts an additional 20% off clearance? Do we need something special to make this happen? Susan

gatorruth
02-15-2008, 09:25 PM
Just toys till Monday. Just show up and scan away!!

schums
02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
At my Kmart, the additional 20% was already in the computer. I got an additional 20% off the clearance sticker price, not what rang up on the register. You probably got the extra 20, it just doesn't look like it on the receipt (did that make sense?)

HTH,

schums
02-15-2008, 09:44 PM
I got a bunch today, all but one with coupons:
Letterpillar $3.xx
Dora Pinata arcade $3.xx
Scooby Doo arcade $3.xx
Incredibles $.24 (yep, that's right -- $5 less 20% less $4 coupon!)
Nemo $2

Thanks OP!

MMMommy
02-15-2008, 10:07 PM
Letterpillar $3.xx
Dora Pinata arcade $3.xx
Scooby Doo arcade $3.xx
Nemo $2

Wow! 24 cents for the Incredibles. Now that's incredible! (ha, ha) I went to a second Kmart today, and their clearance toys were not additional 20% off. The cashiers also said they knew nothing about any additional 20% off of clearance toys, so I guess it varies by location. And this Kmart is only 15 minutes drive from the first one I went to. I wish I could have found Nemo for $2! I was lucky yesterday at the first Kmart. In addition to my original posted prices, the cashier at the first Kmart was nice enough to price adjust my blue L-Max to $35. Hurray for flexible cashiers!

mom2one
02-16-2008, 02:01 PM
I ran out to my Kmart this morning and they are not doing the additional 20% off clearance either! I was so bummed. i did use my leapfrog coupon, so I got dora L-max version for $11. I love the other deals and wish I could score some! Susan

SASM
02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
No good deals for me today ~ but I also HATE my KMart and rarely go in thre b/c of it. I found a blue LMAX but it was only marked down to $61 (not cheap enough for me). The games were $12 (Sponge Bob) and $14 (Spider Man) ~ not cheap enough for those games, not even w/ the coupon. The 20% was supposedly taken off even though they were marked with these prices. Hullabaloo was $19.99 (reg price) and didn't see any Nemo's. Bummer. I checked a Diego game just to see what the price was ~ the white (regular price) sticker read $24.99 whereas the store scanner read $29.99!!! Where did that number come from ~ they are normally $24 at every other store full price. I H*A*T*E KMart ~ and I know that's a strong word. The people are not even remotely friendly at mine, it is always a mess, and the prices are high. Why go there if there is a Target even remotely close, or even Walmart.

Oooooo...I sound grumpy. Need dinner.

MMMommy
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
Went to a third Kmart today (Hayward, CA--yes, I am obsessed with deals), and found that the clearance toys were additional 50% off of the clearance sticker prices. The sign said "50% off", but did not say "additional 50% off." But when I scanned the items, all the items were coming up as 50% off of the clearance sticker price. The Leapster games were not in the standard Leapfrog section, but in big plastic bins at the end aisles in the back.

Got the following at this location (with the 50% off the clearance sticker price AND $4 off Leapfrog coupon). I also rebought some that were cheaper than the first Kmart I went to:

L-Max Dora Wildlife Rescue - $3.50
L-Max Spongebob Squarepants Saves the Day - $3.50
Leapster Letterpillar - 50 cents
Leapster Dora Arcade Pinata Party - $1.00
Leapster Number Raiders - $1.50

and

Little Tikes My First Craftsman 2-in-1 Workbench - $25
I'm pretty sure it is the same as the Little Tikes Buildin' To Learn Workshop, but with a different name and exclusive maybe to Kmart. It has the same car components. Like this one, but with the "My First Craftsman" title thrown in:

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Tikes-Buildin-Learn-Workshop/dp/B000W9KCD4

It kills me how the different Kmarts (just like Target) have different clearance prices. The San Leandro Kmart (just 5-10 minutes from the Hayward one) did not have the 50% off or even the 20% off the clearance prices. The San Mateo Kmart also did not have any additional off. The Redwood City Kmart has additional 20% off, and the Hayward has the additional 50% off (although no signage showing it).

shoppinggal
02-16-2008, 09:27 PM
The Kmart in NJ by my SIL didn't have any additional % off and were cleared out of anything Leapster. I don't think I missed the great deals b/c their clearence stunk. Will try more Kmarts tomorrow! I NEED Games!!!!

robertrose
02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Youre cracking me up Karen! OK, so here's what I got:

At my KMart Everything rang up at %20 additional already...

6 Leapster games - after 20% and $4 coupon price ranged from $3.20 to $10.40.

Rose Petal Cottage (whoo hoo!!) for $32. So excited, as I hunted for the WalMart and Target deals, never got it! So this was a pleasant surprise!!! :)
Also, got the Rose Petal Baking Muffins set for $6.40. BTW Karen, how are your DDs liking the Cottage? Have you been able to find many other pieces???? I haven't!

Also Got these great Disney Princess scene projectors (regular $49.99) for $9.60! Perfect for girls bday presents!MAy go pick up another or 2 for DD and to keep on stock :)

Thanks Karen. I never shop at KMart, I was pleasantly surprised by the deals! You are super! Now if I can just find another with 50 off like you....

Grace

MMMommy
02-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Rose Petal Cottage (whoo hoo!!) for $32. So excited, as I hunted for the WalMart and Target deals, never got it! So this was a pleasant surprise!!! :)
Also, got the Rose Petal Baking Muffins set for $6.40. BTW Karen, how are your DDs liking the Cottage? Have you been able to find many other pieces???? I haven't
Grace

Hi Grace! You have been there right with me, deal after deal! Remember the infamous sand table deal from TRU? heh, heh. I'm glad I crack you up, b/c DH is certainly not cracking up with my numerous purchases and frenzy to find good deals! He has witnessed many an obsessive deal of mine.

I'm so glad you found the Rose Petal Cottage! I plan on giving it to DD2 for her 3rd birthday next month, so I don't actually know if it will be a hit or not yet. But at that price, I figure no harm, no foul. I haven't gotten any accessories for it yet. I figure I would wait and see how the DDs actually like it before I spend more on it. Have you ever seen "Jon & Kate Plus 8" (the reality show with the couple and their 6 year old twins and 3 year old sextupulets)? I recently saw an episode where the sextuplets were having a blast with the cottage. So my guess is that it will be a hit. But then again, my DDs NEVER play with their wooden dollhouse that I got them for Xmas. I spent hours, days, etc. researching dollhouses and finding one. They cared more about the wrapping paper than the dollhouse. Now it just collects dust. Go figure.

I have seen other Rose Petal items at TRU recently. Full price, of course. What I can't understand is why the cottage (which was a "hot" Xmas toy for 2007) becomes a clearance item that is never again to be seen at Target. Target stocks toys regularly and obviously adds more for Xmas, but why wouldn't this be a "regular" item versus an item they clearance out and never have again? Shouldn't a "hot" toy continue to be sold as a regular item?

Oooh. Just a thought. Will the Kidkraft highchair/cradle/stroller set work with the Rose Petal Cottage? Instead of buying the Rose Petal Nursery set, would the Kidkraft work instead? Or are the Kidkraft items too big? I ended up returning the Kidkraft set b/c both DDs weren't into the baby dolls I bought them for Xmas.

I never usually go to Kmart either, so this Kmart bargain hunting has been a new thing for me. Kmarts are harder to find than Targets, where I usually bargain hunt. Clearance Leapster games would be gone in no time at Target at much higher clearance prices!

I wish I could have found Madagascar, Incredibles, and Nemo at bargain prices! Sigh.

Happy Shopping!

cchavez
02-18-2008, 02:23 PM
We don't have KMART where we live but my MIL does. She was able to find:

Dora Safari Rescue
Number RAiders
Spongebob

She paid in the 5.00 to 7.00 range for each thanks to the coupons!

shoppinggal
02-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I went to a couple other Kmarts in NJ and they both had games but the one on Passaic Ave had a buch of games left - plus they have free internet and free printing so I printed the coupons right there in the store!!! And they also had the extra 20% off so I paid between $4 and $9.60 after discount and coupon.

calebsmama03
02-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Letterpillar $3.xx
Dora Pinata arcade $3.xx
Scooby Doo arcade $3.xx
Nemo $2

Thanks OP!
WOW! You really lucked out! I never shop Kmart but hit 2 for this deal - first had nothing leapster on clearance. Second had a bunch of LMax games - I got 3 games and a pack of bandaids for $30, not bad! I found dora safari rescue, letter factory-type game, and madagascar. They also had spiderman and spongebob, but I don't let DS do either of those characters. Would have loved to have found Incredibles and more Dora and non-character ones, but I'm happy I found what I did!

jamesmom
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Great finds! You are all really lucky!

I have a really lame local Kmart. I went there yesterday and the only two LMAX games I found on clearance were $19.xx and $29.xx! There wasn't an additional 20% discount either.

If anyone is still looking for Leapster games, Toys R Us has discounted all their Leapster titles 30% this week. Each cartridge was $17.49, and they also accept a printed $4 off coupon for each cartridge, yay!.

SheriRae
02-20-2008, 08:59 PM
Is the coupon good for more that one game?

I took advantage of the TRU 30% sale but figured I could only use the coupon for one game. Could I have actually bought more than one getting $4 off each?

MMMommy
02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
The Leapster $4 off coupon says "limit one coupon per purchase," but I think it all depends on whether you get a nice, flexible cashier or not at wherever you buy. At one Kmart, the cashier was really nice and let me use just one coupon for $4 off of several games. At a different Kmart, the cashier said I absolutely had to have a coupon for every game (which is still pretty good, considering she could have limited me to just one $4 off only). So worst case scenario, an unbending cashier will probably let you take $4 off of just one game, whether it be at Kmart or TRU.

mom2one
02-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi. I took Sheri advice and went to TRU. The regular leapsters are 30% off, I think that brought them to $17.99, you get $4 off with the coupon to $13.99. A great deal for those of us who could not snag the "Kmart Leapster deal of a lifetime!" But I got mine at TRU for an even better price, i had two birthday club $3 off coupons, so Mine came to $8 something today. LOVE A GREAT DEAL! I got batman, my little guy is so into him and it if for his birthday next week. So thank you Sheri for letting me know about TRU!

Susan
proud mom to a soon to be 4 year old

hellokitty
02-23-2008, 10:45 PM
UGH, ok I am now reminded of why I avoid kmart at all expenses. We visited my parents today and their town has a kmart (ours doesn't, it was closed down 5 yrs ago), so I brought my leapster game coupons hoping to use them. I found several games, the prices were so-so, but I thought I'd get numbers on the run at $9-$4 coupon= $5, not too bad. Well, I wait in a long EXPRESS line and the cashier scans the game, which comes up at $9, and totally ignores my coupon. I say, "I have a coupon" and she just says, "we don't take computer coupons." I was so pissed. What a waste of time. I wasted about a total of 30 min going there, looking for the game, waiting in line, only to leave empty handed. I almost left w/o my coupon, b/c I was so irritated. The casheir said, "do you want your coupon back?" I said, "yeah, b/c I know TARGET will take it!"

On a brighter note, last night I went to meijer and I got the school of rock grammar leapster game, and guess what I paid? NOTHING, I GOT CREDIT! It was 90% off, down to $2.49, I used the $4 coupon, so I got PAID to buy that game. I love meijer! :heartbeat: Always score some nice clearance deals there, it's not as picked over as target's clearance. Too bad all the other games were sold out (I went there when they were down to 50% almost 2 wks ago, but forgot my coupons), but I will never find a deal that sweet again on a leapster game.