PDA

View Full Version : Why now?!?!

niccig
02-14-2008, 07:19 PM
I just need to vent....

So I have a tonne of things going on - dr's appointments and speech therapy appointments - and no one is available during preschool hours - they don't start work until 11am. I'm also doing a class, that the mid-term got postponed to the same day as my 2nd surgery, so I now have a make-up test next week. I have a conference paper deadline in 2 weeks. My regular babysitter is sick, so I have to beg, borrow and steal babysitting time from other mums, and I'll need to pay them back in kind.

And, I'm getting DH's flu. What else can happen.

ETA - I got my period today...great....

I just need to get through the next 2 weeks.

ETA. I just spoke to DH, he said he'll take care of DS all weekend and he has Monday off for President's Day. Thanks DH!. Two babysitters from the YMCA have agreed to cover my babysitter's regular time. I should be able to get everything done, as long as the flu germs stay away!!!

elizabethkott
02-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Wow, Nicci... you have a LOT on your plate!
Kudos to you, mama! You rock!
:)

niccig
02-15-2008, 01:56 AM
I wouldn't say rock, more like stupid for taking on so much. I didn't expect the surgery complication. And I'm too stubborn to give up on some great experiences - the class, conference, so I'll slam things together for the next 2 weeks, then collapse on the couch. DH just told me I can do it. That's the best valentine's present ever.

ha98ed14
02-15-2008, 02:14 PM
ETA - I got my period today...great....

Well, at least you aren't preggers in the middle of all this! :)

niccig
02-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Well, at least you aren't preggers in the middle of all this! :)

That's true. It's the one thing that I know won't happen this month!

MamaMolly
02-15-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi Nicci,
I've been thinking of you all day. I'm sick, sick, sick coughing up a lung and am loosing my voice. Nice!
Anyway, your struggles and strength have been on my mind, and if you can inspire me to get through this, I KNOW you can make it through the next two weeks!
Hugs!
Molly

eta: and yup, Aunt Flo visited me this seek, too. Blech!

niccig
02-17-2008, 03:34 AM
Oh thanks Molly, that's a nice thing to say. Things aren't really too bad. I know I'll do OK in my test - not as well as I may have like too, but good enoguh. The conference paper doesn't have to be as detailed as I first thought, so that's good. My voice is better, I can only read one story to DS rather than two, but that's an improvement.

You on the other hand are really sick, as in coughing up a lung sick - DH still has his cough too and it sounds painful. That's much worse than no voice. Tuck yourself into bed with a cup of hot chocolate or hot honey and lemon. Hope you get better soon.