PDA

View Full Version : Next year I'm hiding under the covers on val. day.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
02-15-2008, 02:21 AM
The day started off well enough. Went and looked at elementary schools for dd came home and chilled out. Mil came over to babysit so we could go out-this is when it starts. Dh decides at the last minute to make a fancy supper after I asked him to make something simple because the movie started at 7pm :irked: . But no we leave the house at 6:40. Get to the theater and there's a line out the door, no way were making it for definatly maybe. So I say lets go to X for desert(very romantic rest.) We get there and it's 1hr10min wait for a table. Dinner or desert doesn't matter.

So we're driving along-I've gotta go, so we stop at a barnes and noble, alls well there. We leave to try to catch the 9pm show and get pulled over by the police because the front right headlight is out (see earlier bitch about crashing the minivan into a guardrail). Duh it's out-I don't have time to have it fixed until dd is on spring break!:32:

Then we discover that we don't have our insurance card with us and got a warning for that. We'd turned into a lot since we were driving down a busy street when we got pulled over and tried to start the car after the cop was done and guess what? The Battery was dead!!!:banghead: Thankfully I was able to get the officers attention before he drove away,so he went to the station and got his jumper box and gave us a jump. Dh said-Let's just go home.

We get home and ds has slathered himself in blue raspberry chapstick(STINK):shrug: . And mil thinks it's funny.:dizzy:

Next year I'm staying home. Thanks for listening.

ellies mom
02-15-2008, 02:36 AM
I'm sorry your evening went so badly. If it helps my day sucked too. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I have a sinus infection. So I spent the entire day in blinding pain. We did go out for Thai food this afternoon, which thankfully was soft enough that I could chew it. Then I gave up and he took me home and went out shopping with DD instead. Then I spent my evening in urgent care getting antibiotics while DH took DD grocery shopping (I told them to leave). After that, the yarn store was open just long enough to buy different yarn for my project since I changed my my mind about the first batch. If that isn't romantic, I don't know what is. :) Maybe we can both have a redo when my sinus infection goes away and you get your light fixed.

casey0729
02-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Wow, both your days sucked! I'm glad the cop saw you before he drove too far and stopped to help.

I had a sinus infection once. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Except DH - because he didn't get why I couldn't do anything with a "stuffed nose".

I stripped wallpaper last night, after the kiddos went to bed. DH put drywall in a bin. Woohoo!

ellies mom
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I stripped wallpaper last night, after the kiddos went to bed. DH put drywall in a bin. Woohoo!

That actually sounds fun. I'm a bit jealous. I was honestly looking forward to painting the nursery this weekend, and since I can't bend over I'm going to have to postpone it.

ha98ed14
02-15-2008, 01:04 PM
My V-day sucked too. We had fights over very petty things. Of course it was DH who was being unreasonable, not me. ;) But still, it sucked. And then he calls me from work this AM to say that he forgot about a 2 day conf he is going to ver the weekend. THIS WEEKEND! So I have no backup for DD and am stuck at home taking care of her all weekend like I was all week!

deborah_r
02-15-2008, 02:21 PM
That reminded me, one year, we were pretty poor and had this old dying car. We went out for a fancy dinner, then the car wouldn't start to go home. It was freezing cold, we were living in Vermont. We had to ride home in the truck with the tow-truck driver. It was so depressing I wanted to die. I can laugh about it now.

Sorry you had a bad night!

rebeccaravit
02-15-2008, 03:21 PM
My DH called me last night around 5:15 (while I'm in the middle of making dinner) to tell me that he was just asked to work on a project and wouldn't be home for dinner. He didn't get home until after 1am and left very early this morning to continue on his project. He didn't even have time to open up the cards that the kids and I left him on the kitchen table.

I took advantage of the 50% discounts at Target today to drown my disappointment in chocolate. I'm glad I bought myself flowers yesterday too.

ha98ed14
02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
My DH called me last night around 5:15 to tell me that he was just asked to work on a project and wouldn't be home for dinner. He didn't get home until after 1am and left very early this morning to continue on his project. He didn't even have time to open up the cards that the kids and I left him on the kitchen table.

I took advantage of the 50% discounts at Target today to drown my disappointment in chocolate. I'm glad I bought myself flowers yesterday too.

Ok, I thought mine sucked, but yours really sucked! I am so sorry that your evening just did not even happen because DH couldn't be there. At least mine was here, even if all I did was bicker with him. I am happy you made it up to youself with chocolate!

rebeccaravit
02-15-2008, 05:43 PM
I am happy you made it up to youself with chocolate!

Thanks! I thought about buying some to share with him, but then I decided that I'm keeping it ALL to myself and putting it somewhere that he won't find it.

Just to clarify, I only bought one bag. I made it sound like I bought TONS. LOL!

thomma
02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Sorry it was such a crappy night but I have to say reading this thread has been comforting. My v-day was kind of stinky too. Dh has been away on business all week and both kids are sick. blech! I would have wallowed in chocolate but I'm on WW trying to lose weight for an upcoming trip. double blech!

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

bubbaray
02-15-2008, 07:17 PM
My v-day sucked too. DH is so freakin' in the doghouse, its not funny. He didn't forget, he just couldn't be bothered.... I didn't even get a card. Jacka$$. I just ripped him a new one and told him he'd better be walkin' in the door tonight with a Tiffany's box.

Did I mention he's a jacka$$. @#$%#&

Can you tell I'm NOT impressed?!

rebeccaravit
02-15-2008, 09:56 PM
So tonight when DH came home I gave him the cards from myself and the kids as well as the crafts that DS made in school. DH gives me a card that came from the company store that he bought TODAY, and it wasn't even a Valentine's card. I could also tell that he was in "work mode" when he wrote from the way its written.

I am so annoyed.

I bought myself flowers and chocolate. I have been home with two sick kids all week, and home all alone on Valentine's Day and all I get is a freakin card with a Ralph Waldo Emerson quote on the front that he bought at the company store.

Give me an f-in break. No wonder that I'm feeling so disconnected from him.

He then breaks it to me that he is going to go to CA next week for a business trip from Fri to Wed. So I'm home all week with the kids then home all alone all weekend.

On our first Valentine's Day as a couple, he had long stem roses delivered to my school as my present, then had a present for me that night as well as a romantic meal. All of the older teachers that I worked with said, "Enjoy it now while it lasts!" and I remember feeling so angry that they were ruining my day. Now I can relate to their sentiment. I feel like we're not even trying anymore!

I honestly feel like I live with a roommate, not a husband.

ha98ed14
02-15-2008, 10:04 PM
He then breaks it to me that he is going to go to CA next week for a business trip from Fri to Wed. So I'm home all week with the kids then home all alone all weekend.

On our first Valentine's Day as a couple, he had long stem roses delivered to my school as my present, then had a present for me that night as well as a romantic meal. All of the older teachers that I worked with said, "Enjoy it now while it lasts!" and I remember feeling so angry that they were ruining my day. Now I can relate to their sentiment. I feel like we're not even trying anymore!

I honestly feel like I live with a roommate, not a husband.

Sorry, this is none of my business, and I may be way out of line, but I am just suspicious. Why does a "business trip" begin on a Friday and end on a Wednesday? Sounds more like a long weekend to me. Who does he know in California?

If you were my friend and you told me about this IRL, I would ask you this.

rebeccaravit
02-15-2008, 10:08 PM
The mtg is Mon/Tues. He is going over the weekend to see his family (parents, brother, grandma) b/c we haven't been since Thanksgiving 06. Most likely he will take a red eye flight to arrive home Wed morning.

ha98ed14
02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
The mtg is Mon/Tues. He is going over the weekend to see his family (parents, brother, grandma) b/c we haven't been since Thanksgiving 06. Most likely he will take a red eye flight to arrive home Wed morning.

That makes total sense. But why can't you go too? You could take the kids to Disney for a day while he is working. Now is the off season here, so hotels are really cheap!

rebeccaravit
02-15-2008, 10:14 PM
That makes total sense. But why can't you go too? You could take the kids to Disney for a day while he is working. Now is the off season here, so hotels are really cheap!

LOL! Honey, a trip across the country, with two kids under 2 1/2, to stay with the IL's and go to Disney alone does not sound like a vacation!!

ha98ed14
02-15-2008, 10:19 PM
LOL! Honey, a trip across the country, with two kids under 2 1/2, to stay with the IL's and go to Disney alone does not sound like a vacation!!

Well, you would know better than I. I only have one and we did most of our airline traveling before she was 6 mo and not a lot since. And some in-laws are more tolerable than others. Still I hope the week plus the weekend w/out DH are manageable. If it makes you feel any better, my DH is at a conference all weekend and I am home by myself listening to DD cry herself to sleep in her crib. I know, when he showed up at my job that first Valentine's Day, this was NOT how I pictured out life together... Ugh.

kozachka
02-18-2008, 04:19 AM
My VDay sucked too but this time it was my fault. I was stuck at work as some of your DHs and did not get home until well past midnight. Am I allowed to b!tch about work here and being slow at my new job? DH actually followed my very precise instructions (no roses or flowers that die next day and no chocolates that he buys me every single time that he likes) by getting me a planted flower and a cake that I like.

We went out to a French restaurant last night. It was not too fancy but had good atmosphere and food, which are the most important things in a restaurant as far as I am concerned. We did not have the most romantic conversation but that's another bitch.