PDA

View Full Version : 60 % off Hedgehog

Pennylane
02-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Use code "bemine" and get 60% off any purchase.

Valid 2/14/08 - 2/26/08

www.hedgehogusa.com

Ann

TahliasMom
02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
i love the sets! how's the quality? sizing? durability?

TIA

KimMae
02-15-2008, 06:53 PM
I actually suffered through getting a new password and resetting it *again* so I could login and reply.

As described in a previous Hedgehog post: general quality is similar to Target. In addition, I got 2 items with small holes - one marked with tape and should have been sold as a second. One dress now has a seam hole under the arm. The fabric has faded considerably within a few months. The construction is nothing special - serged hems instead of folded. The design is cute. Sizing seems to be on - though I had to stretch the neckholes until the seams popped for DS's average sized head. I had an order error that was taken care of easily by customer service.

TahliasMom
02-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I actually suffered through getting a new password and resetting it *again* so I could login and reply.

As described in a previous Hedgehog post: general quality is similar to Target. In addition, I got 2 items with small holes - one marked with tape and should have been sold as a second. One dress now has a seam hole under the arm. The fabric has faded considerably within a few months. The construction is nothing special - serged hems instead of folded. The design is cute. Sizing seems to be on - though I had to stretch the neckholes until the seams popped for DS's average sized head. I had an order error that was taken care of easily by customer service.

thank you. i appreciate that. it's kind of a bummer...such cute clothes. I guess i know why they are 60% off!!!

AngelaS
02-16-2008, 12:02 AM
I've had good luck with the things I've bought there. We had the three tiered knit dress and it washed up wonderfully (of course, I wash on cold and hang to dry). Last summer we had Maeve's set and it too still looks great, but it has a small spot where one of the tiers needs fixed, but that's an easy fix and I've had it happen w/out brands too. I've had no fading issues at all.

I've found that their sizing is rather all over and you really need to pay attention to the measurments at the top of each page. It seems like much of their stuff fits best on tall skinny kids. :D

Pennylane
02-16-2008, 08:49 AM
I've had good luck with the few pieces I have purchased in the past. The dresses fit nice, I found them to run on the larger size once you get into toddler sizes.

I would not pay full price, but at 60% off it is worth it.

Ann

Radosti
02-16-2008, 09:36 AM
I ordered some red sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt in red from them and they didn't match, the sweatpants look like fake raspberry. I would say quality is on par with Walmart, so not worth the price. The clothing went straight into the daycare "spares" pile (the stuff that sits in their cubby in case of accidents).

kristenk
02-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I'm really amazed at the wide range of comments! I just ordered two dresses when I read about the 60% off code, so I definitely like their products. I DON'T like them at original price, but 60% off or the $10/set sale earlier this summer - YES!

Ellie's two favorite "beautiful dresses" are from hedgehog. I bought them this summer for $10 each. I was initially annoyed b/c I placed an order and then a few days later received an email saying that most of the items I wanted were out of stock. The lady who emailed offered suggestions of other items that were available and when I responded that we were really looking for something like xxxxxx, she replied with more options available that were decent matches for us. She honored the $10 price for all items.

I think the clothes are cute and I like the style. It reminds me a bit of Keedo and I really like Keedo. I did have the weird neck hole problem. DD's head is not unusually large, but I did have to stretch the neck so she could put it on. I really wasn't feeling all that happy when I had to do that, but DD LOVES her dresses.

I can't tell if the sizing is off or not. DD has Sabine's Spinning Dress in small and Allie's Pants Set in medium. The medium set is definitely big. She wears the babydoll top as a dress and the pants are definitely too big. Sabine's Spinning Dress fits nicely in small.

Because of the problems with my last order (items not being available and me having to change things around), they sent two headbands for free that matched a couple of the outfits I purchased.

I'd definitely order again, but not for full price. The $10 sale was awesome, but 60% off isn't bad. I'm paying $14.40 each for two dresses (plus shipping, of course), and I think that's going to be a bargain for the amount of wear DD will get out of them. Let's just hope they're really in stock!

TahliasMom
02-16-2008, 08:17 PM
i took the plunge and ordered about 100 bucks worth of clothes. $14/outfit is not bad. i figured worst to worst they can be used for preschool. the order shipped yesterday so that's a good sign. they're suppose to be here on the 25th so i'll report back then.