PDA

View Full Version : Car Playlist with Kids - need ideas

Jen841
02-15-2008, 04:36 PM
We have the typical kids music... Dan Zanes, Ralph's World, Laurie Berkner, ... Bear Hunt

Now I need some non-kid music to add to the mix.

What I thought of so far...
I am Superman - REM
Who Let the Dogs Out - a daycare fav
Unicorn Song

HIU8
02-15-2008, 04:39 PM
DS loves the Beattles. We have a greatest hits CD that we play at home and in the car all the time. We also have a couple of CD's of religious music that DS loves as well.

Jen841
02-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Jude is my son's name, yes Beatles. Thanks!

sophiesmommy2
02-15-2008, 06:09 PM
...kids love that 'two little birds' song and respond to the rhythm of the music-- and the lyrics are generally not objectionable...

maestramommy
02-15-2008, 06:16 PM
We have a couple of Music Together CD's that Dora always asks for. But recently she's started to listen to Allison Krauss, maybe because the bluegrass sounds a little like her CDs. She also listened to a bit of Norah Jones, but then I think it got too mellow LOL!

KrisM
02-15-2008, 08:26 PM
We listen to The Beatles, Lucinda Williams (go figure), Allison Krauss, The Jayhawks, and occasionally Pink Floyd.

ilfaith
02-15-2008, 10:44 PM
They Might Be Giants...their kid's stuff is cool, but we also like their older stuff. Birdhouse in Your Soul, Istanbul (Not Constantinople) are favorites.

Similarly, Moxy Fruvous and Barenaked Ladies have a sound similar to a lot of kid's recording artists.

Troutfishing in America

We Like the b-52s (Rock Lobster was remade as Rock Monster for the Veggie Tales movie)

XMKids on satellite radio has been playing some songs from the Juno soundtrack lateley...the Kimya Dawson stuff. We listen to XM kids most of the time in the car. DS1 also likes Radio Disney, but I can only take so much Hannah Montana and the cast of High School Musical.

AngelaS
02-15-2008, 11:49 PM
I know it's technically 'kids music' but we enjoy the variety on the Sandra Boynton cds. The newest one has been a lot of fun. :)