PDA

View Full Version : I Swear I'm Not Stupid (sling help)

manda
02-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Okay, I have a 1 month old baby that is 9.5 lbs and 21 inches. I also have a Kangaroo Korner padded ring sling. I'm pretty sure it is the right size for me as I was not anywhere close to being between two sizes. Anyway, for the life of me I can't seem to get DS in it to where I feel comfortable and I feel like he isn't going to fall out of it. I've been trying to do the cradle (?) and the tummy to tummy holds and I just don't feel like it is working. I'm past the time of being able to return it, but I'm about ready to just give up and sell it. I'm so disappointed because I really wanted this sling and I have a very fussy baby that wants to be held all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get this to work for me?

QueenBee
02-18-2008, 12:03 AM
Have you visited the thebabywearer.com? They are a great site for help, especially if you can post a picture of yourself with the baby in the sling. One of the best ways to get it right, is to see if you can get some help in person. There are often sling wearers at La Leche groups or TBW has a list of babywearing groups. You might find one near you.

Zolowear.com also has some great video clips. My favorite poisition with little babies is Tummy to Tummy with their legs in a froggy position. Remember to tighten each rail (side of sling) indvidually. Don't try to just pull the whole tail. You are trying to create a pocket. Trying to keep baby at chest level (kiss the forehead level). The rings shound be where you would wear a crosage, with the fabric cupping your shoulder.

Hope that helps,

Beth