PDA

View Full Version : Hanging a pinata

neeter
02-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Hi all -- My son's birthday is coming up, and I'm stumped on how to hang a pinata without drilling a hole into the ceiling. Any ideas? We're renting space in our community center, and really need some creative ideas on how to do this (other than someone holding it up!!! or taping it to the door frame!!!)

Thanks in advance!!

new_mommy25
02-17-2008, 02:47 AM
We have always done them outside. We hang it over a tree branch with rope. Do you have a beam or anything at the community center you could loop it over? Could you go outside for the pinata?

neeter
02-17-2008, 07:25 AM
Hmmm I will need to go inspect -- I don't think outside will work. Its in a few weeks (east coast winter!!) Thanks for your help and ideas. :)

gatorruth
02-17-2008, 08:29 AM
How about have 2 six foot ladders and a broom handle? Then hang the pinata over the broom handle and someone can pull the pinata and move it around???

ThreeofUs
02-17-2008, 09:45 AM
We suspended the pinata from a piece of sanded lumber, and DH held it at appropriate heights for the kids to hit, and at appropriate distances from anything fragile (like, oh, walls and woodwork).

This worked very well, was super-secure, and became a hoot for adults as well.

neeter
02-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks ladies -- the ladder idea would work but probably make things difficult (bringing ladders and stuff to the center). Thanks though!!

Threeofus -- What size piece of sanded lumber? How did you attach the pinata to it? Would love more info. This might be the perfect option for us, since DH is 6"1"!! We are going to use a pull-string pinata. Thank you!!!

ThreeofUs
02-17-2008, 07:59 PM
poster malfunction...sorry

ThreeofUs
02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Threeofus -- What size piece of sanded lumber? How did you attach the pinata to it? Would love more info. This might be the perfect option for us, since DH is 6"1"!! We are going to use a pull-string pinata. Thank you!!!

Ummm... I think it was just a 2x4, but that was a bit of overkill. I'm sure a 1x2 would have worked because the wood doesn't have to be super-strong, just LONG! ;)

We literally tied the top of the pinata to the wood about 3" from the end. DH held the other end, and so could adjust height for each child.

That was really about it, but if you need more info, PM me.

neeter
02-17-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks Ivy - I think I'm getting it. I might PM you to make sure. Thanks again!!