PDA

View Full Version : crib(s)

jacobsmommy
02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
For those of you who have already had twins, did you have the babies share a crib for awhile? If so, how long did they share?

Thank you.
Stephanie

gatorsmom
02-18-2008, 12:10 AM
Let's see if I can attach the link:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=242597&highlight=holy+twins

Lots of great info in this thread. Hope it helps...

fivi2
02-18-2008, 03:02 PM
We have two cribs - one in our room and one in the nursery. for the first six months both babies slept in the crib in our room, naps and nighttime. At about 6 months I started separating for naps, but they still slept together in our room at night until about 14 months. At about 14 months, they still napped seperately, but slept together at night in the nursery. As of about a month ago (2 years old) they sleep separately for naps and nighttime. But, mine slept together longer than most people do it. It depends on your kiddos. But I would say until they start rolling around, most people are fine with one crib. Once they start moving, you'll have to see how they do.
Good luck!

thomma
02-18-2008, 10:16 PM
We tried to have ds and dd share a crib but it didn't work. Partly because ds came home from the nicu a month before dd and he was used to being by himself. They were (and still are) two completely different kind of sleepers.

Kim
ds&dd 5/03

sarahbrown29
02-19-2008, 10:31 PM
My fraternal dd's shared a crib or a pack n play (without a divider) for about 3 1/2 months. Then we put the crib spacer in and they slept with that for about another 6 weeks. After that, Twin B started rolling over and would end up underneath the spacer, so we had to separate them.

We only had one crib in the room for the first 4 months as we were trying to transition my older DD from a crib to a toddler bed to a twin bed.